2020 Best Bets & Ruffies

Todman

interest has all but disappeared in the tipping type threads - probably the lack of success in the 2nd half of last year did not help.

I thought I would combine the 2 threads for 2020, and posters could list the tip as either a BB or R(uffie)

You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

2 early best bets - the price too good to ignore

MR7 Scarlet Dream - $8 - a huge run 1st up

BR6 Jeweliana - $8.50 - should have troubled the placegetters last run - had an easy run - quick backup

Ruffies

MR3 Regardsmaree $26

MR8 Haunted - $12 - but for the wide alley, would be a best bet

ruffies

SR3 Sky Call

SR5 House Of Cartier

SR6 Dismissal

SR7 Chains Of Honour

BR3 Thrasher

BR4 Phoenix Raider

BR8 Sabkat

Not so sure about this dowgrade now but how and ever

SR5 - Gayatri

SR7 - Quick Thinker

SR 8 - Pierata

Roughies

SR4 - Maia Nebula

SR6 - Cultural Amnesia

SR9 - Imaging (Cascadian if we get an upgrade to the Slow range)

MR7 - Star Surprise

SR7 - Fascino

BR6 - Kitty Damour

BR9 Miss Penfold - at $61 & $10, IT SEEMS TOO BIG OF A PRICE BUT ....

Southern France. SR

Sweet Scandal.    SR8

Southern France best roughie - currently $15. Favourite too short, Avilius disappointing last start. The rest are fairly even.

At his best will go close. Take your chances.

Todman is back! Saw your post too late. It wasn't missed in the betting paying 16 on UNI BET' I hope you plonked early. Cheers, The Pig.

SR9 Miss Exfactor - $41 & $10

SR8 H14 Anaheed is the best place bet for a long time. 100 the place for me. Cheers The Pig.

SR8 - I Am Excited

SR3 - Mrs Madrid

SR9 - Stellar Sea Sun

I should have made by roughies the lays and my lay the best bet.

Once the rain came and the scratchings I knew I would be in trouble.

If the races aren't cancelled I think Mountain Breath is a great bet mid week in Melbourne.

Three in Sydney for places or exotics.

SR4  DIPLOMATICO. Goes well F/U, Likes soft tracks and specked.

SR8 Delectation Girl. Hugh run at Newcastle last start and light weight. 

Life less Ordinary to run well too.

SR3 Kakaak Akit should lead all the way,but no fancy price . Good luck. The Pig.

found another

BR8 In His Stride - he rarely trials, but puts in a big one next start - the wet track is the bonus

real fine wine nice run at dalby br5 no5

ready to roambris r7 no 5

tailevent last race brissy no7

thats all folk good punting

I think these two are rough but worth an each way bet;

Sydney Race 7: Sweet Scandal

Sydney Race 9: Love Shack Baby

Lay of the Day: Master of Wine.

MR1 Snitzepeg - at $31 ($46 power boosted) & $5, this is my one and only for the day - he doesn't win often nor does CW ride him often - the mile 2nd up in a BM80, gives him a top chance at great odds

MR3 Yourdeel - upwards of 40's - forgiving last prep 

MR8 - Constantinople - forgive 1st up - could be the best horse in field

SR7 Prince Fawaz - 50's - was supposedly trialing better but 1st up was ordinary 

a few best bets

MR4 Spanish Reef

MR7 Rubisaki

bris race 6 no 4 barbados storm, if he looks fit at the barrier and is not carrying over his injury from last time. He shouldna run that day

SR7 Come Play With Me - they just don't win at these prices - $251 & $51 but had a few bucks EW - he has not been targetted at mile races, but has gone ok at this distance as a younger horse

i'm not having a bad trot with my ruffies and best bets, just putting the wrong ones up. Wanted by all Ar7 no 1. Might go a duet with yours todman as i like lady salerno in br1

tht'll do 

good punting

MR2 Chouxting The Mob

MR9 Oberland

BR1 Dark Image - huge odds

BR2 Saddler's Lake

BR5 Sony Legend - huge odds

BR9 No Annamossity - $19 seems overs

two weeks ago i tipped the holy one to win at Caulfield. It didn't jump well but I liked its run so am backing it up with jay ford on him sr 7 no 9..Has won at 1600 so the very wet 1400 should suit him today. the toppy the danger of course

I gotta nell has a very light weight br6 no 11 should get a place at least. I feel a good day coming on

good punting

think Lostarc ad race 4 no 4 can take out that race.

Good move re amalgamation Todman.

Best Bet - Bivouac. Goes well first up, barrier, trainer, overall form and class, jockey goes alright. Can't see it not being in the finish. Price doesn't want to get any shorter though.

Good luck all.

By no means rough but worth a spec in BR3 tomorrow is Adelaide gelding EMPIRE GAMES. Thought his 2nd career start a few weeks ago was exceptional, coming from what must have been 15L last at the 700 - see video link below from this site for full replay. It was a Sunday at Caloundra and it was a Maiden but he looked very good for his lack of raceday experience. He's nommed for the ATC Derby ($101) but that might come too soon for him, guess it will depend on what happens here but ought to be winning this if they're serious.

http://mediaatc.skyracing.com.au/Race_Replay/2020/02/20200202SUNR05_V.mp4 

In which companies are you investing in the new year and why? I'm considering McDonald's, Beyond Meat, Uber and Amazon.

I think thanks the new McDonald's CEO the stock price will soar further, but if not it's still a great dividend share. I'm not a short term investor, so I bet for Amazon on the long run. I hope Uber gets through all the shit they've got into this year and their stock price will regenerate. And my opinion is that Beyond Meat is a underpriced paper, it has the most potential, especially in the next 10-20 years.

BR6 Downloading 

Amish boy mr3 no 4

hollaback girl br3 no 11

roman son br6 no 2

I like Eureka Street, Flem race 4 today.

Has been up for a while and put in a good run last start before pulling up slightly lame, has a significant change of jockey and with all the rain about in Melbourne conditions could suit.

Cheers, Loges.

Nice work Pig

good to see a few still posting here - esp when there is a decent priced winner - if only I had a gander - great tipping Pig

not that ruff, 

like the holy one MR 5 NO2,if it looks good on parade. I think it will sit a bit wide, not to my liking, but if it jumps well, may sit two wide next to lady lupino and nose her out at the post. MR# no5 Diamondesque has a tricky barrier to overcome for that distance 1100m, I think she should jump well and get carried over by Letzbeglam and win.

bris race 3 no 3 Mr understood 

good punting

A little specking for Alabama Express overnight. I think this horse has a big future and not surprised that they are having a throw at the stumps here with 55.5 kg. Only worried about SoJ. Good for exotics esp. the double trio in Qld. Cheers,The Pig.

Brilliant work Hinksy.  I Am Vinnie winning at $51 in the last at Randwick.

Coupla ruffies not really into Caulfield, don't like the tight track but into:
MR4 #10 Miss Venexuela and MR9 #8 He Exscels. They should both lead and hopefully hang on

Also SR9 #6 I Am Vinnie.

Good punting

I'll tip Caulfield Race 9 no 1 Yogi as a "midi" tip. In-between a bb and a roughie. Yogi has good 1st up form. Salon du Cheval should be a good place bet in the same race (been well supported and trainer gave a good report, Won last 2 so is very fit).

good luck

I'll have another dip with Pinjarra Race 8 no Lordhelpmerun  who finished the race off well last start.

good luck

Randwick Race 7 no 5 Helga

best bet for Millions day

BR2 Doubt Defying - $9.50 & $2.70 - I think it will win well but it's and EW cert

in the Perth Cup - Dark Musket - has run in this race in 2016, 2018 & 2019 and acquitted himself well in 2 of those. Last start was poor but ya never know - 4th time lucky - currently $91 & $21

sorry - the horse was Calzini - it's firmed a little now

What a pity I didn't throw in Mercurial Lad - I got $71 enhanced odds - easy to say after the fact, but I am stoked.

I have another ruffie in the last at the Gold Coast - $41 & $7.50

2 early BB's

MR7 Smart Elissim  EW $11 & $3.50

MR8 Galaxy Raider EW $13 & $4 

Ruffie's

MR3 Labuan Star $19 & $4.80

MR4 Goethe $67 & $16

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts