The Golden Gift

gladys

Can one of you wise posters explain to me the reason we had this ridiculous amount of money thrown at an early two year old race in Sydney yesterday. How did that benefit racing or the punter. It was just another hand out to the breeding industry and an inducement to be offered by the syndicators to sell more horses from the breeders.

The racing industry has enough issues trying to look after surplus stock that don't measure up without encouraging further breeding of sub standard stock.

I heard wise words from an overseas racing scribe during the week who said "the breeding industry is about providing good racehorses, racing is not about providing successful breeding operations."

Shame we didn't consider that here. 

You need to Login to Post a Answer in the Forum

Thanks Tod. We need R&S to see comments like yours to inspire them to act.

King, the Add Comment, if used exclusively, is exactly like old system, plus it allows you to muck around easily with fonts etc.smiley

Gladys,

Or should I say tr!p3 for bra!n5,

I tell what does take "a long period before appearing on here" if it EVER is answers to my reasonably "simplistic" questions of you.

Yeah, "simplistic" questions, funnily I would have thought that if any one on here could have handled "simplistic" questions it would be you Gladys.

But then again it would seem that you have trouble comprehending more than half a sentence at a time.

I wonder if I was to give you the same or similar questions in an even more "simplistic" format requiring only yes or no answers whether I would in fact be more successful in getting answers from you.

OR

Is it that you do NOT have the intestinal fortitude to attempt to give answers for the fear of showing yourself up to be the tr!p3mong3r that you actually are?

I have to agree. It is a total dud.

The only positive is you do not have t wait for ever for your post to appear. Having said that, some of the tripe that you post King would be better left for a long period before appearing on here.

Thanks for the tip Gary,

I would have to agree with your:

"it becomes a nightmare to find posts on a particular thread. I'm hoping R & S can improve this."

Why did they change from the old system?

This new system is simply a mishmash of unrelated posts in the format that it is now presented.

Unlike the old system there does NOT now seem to be any continuity or flow of ideas and or opinions like there was before.

Racing and Sports bring back the old system!

This new system was the reason that I was absent from the forum for so long and I dare say that it is the same reason that many earlier posters do NOT now participate.

Everything is so disjointed now.

I suggest posters use "Add Comment" instead of "Add Reply" when responding, otherwise, it becomes a nightmare to find posts on a particular thread. I'm hoping R & S can improve this.

How ridiculous is throwing one million dollars at that race at Newcastle this weekend. Just have a look at the field. A bunch of non winners in a 1300 metre race. Who benefits from this except the breeders and a wealthy trainer or two.

Perhaps we should have a five million dollar race on Boxing Day for 8 year olds over 1900 metres.

More red herrings from Gladys.

How about you answer my questions first before I entertain the idea of addressing your diversionary garble!

Gladys,

The following points are awarded as correct to your King.

1. The non winners stated by you are actually winners.

In regard to your "Who benefits from this except the breeders and a wealthy trainer or two."

2. As shown lesser known not so wealthy trainers also benefit along with lesser know breeders as well as a whole bunch of part owners who may well be wealthy but given the number of owners in the 2nd & third placed horses I would say that it would be a pretty fair assumption that they may well consist of a few battling owners as well.

3. The punters benefited from this race as it was one of the more interesting races held on the day, which was a breath of fresh air given that in my opinion it gave the punters a gradual let down from weeks & weeks of the quality of the Spring Carnival that they had been experiencing wek after week, month after month. Without a couple of semi quality races following the Spring Carnival I dare say that most punters would have found this Saturday following the Carnival down right DEPRESSING.

4. Gladys did not answer my question re:

"Are you suggesting that the breeders should simply breed less but better stock and that we wont increase the prize money to encourage breeders, owner breeders, purchasing owners or syndicate shareholders?"

(What a d!LL you are if you genuinely believe your suggested overseas adviser to be wise)

5. I asked Gladys, but did NOT get an answer.

Pray tell I for one would love to know the secret to producing only quality racing stock.

POINTS DECISION - TKO to the KING

Nice to see you back here King. I find your total stupidity amusing albeit in small doses.

Have you been punted from that other forum again?

Gladys you said:

"Just have a look at the field. A bunch of non winners in a 1300 metre race."

Non winners???

The winner has now had 27 starts for 8 wins, 2nd placed horse 29 starts for 10 wins, 3rd placed horse 20 starts for 8 wins. 

With records like that I would love to own any of these supposed non winners.

"Who benefits from this except the breeders and a wealthy trainer or two."

You are right here Godolphin is a wealthy owner / breeder & also J Cummings both benefit big time here and breeder Gooree also benefits as does trainer Kris Lees for the second placed horse but do not discount the fact that its 35 owners also benefit.

And what about the third placed horse, it certainly was not bred by one of the big breeders and I doubt that Jason Deamer could be described as "a wealthy trainer" getting a benefit.

But good luck to its 15 owners, anybody that puts up their money each and every week to provide the horses that we all have an interest in seeing race and or having a punt on them deserves a good return every now and then.

Remember this one thing, without owners rich or battlers there is no racing and there certainly wont be any racing unless the owners expect / hope to get some return via prize money.

What are you advocating here d0p3y?

Are you suggesting that the breeders should simply breed less but better stock and that we wont increase the prize money to encourage breeders, owner breeders, purchasing owners or syndicate shareholders?

Correct me if I am wrong here but I think that Gladys wants all the horses to race at picnic type meetings for very little prize money from now on.

Good one Gladys I am sure that will be lots of fun.

Perhaps you could ask your wise adviser just how you go about breeding ONLY GOOD racing stock eg. Luskin Star did not have a tail female stakes producing mare in his pedigree until the 7th generation back, similarly for Manikato it was 5 generations, there are literally tens of thousands of examples like this.

Further to this how many champion or near champion mares produce duds? Zenyatta USA is a classic example as is Research Aus.

Please pray tell I for one would love to know the secret to producing only quality stock.

Dud breeding more duds breeding more duds, the song goes on and on.

Have to agree. Maybe 10 races worth $100.000 at different tracks in the bush is the way to go.

Exactly Branded. What about races worth $100K for horses trained outside of metropolitan areas. Give the country people a go in their own backyards.

All these stand alone meetings are contested by a truck load of horses from the metropolitan yards. If the locals were given a chance, the money stays there and can be spent there. 

Remember when we used to have journalists like Keith Robbins and Bert Lillye. They would have called this out. All we have now is this cheer squad for the priviliged and misty eyed Winx fanatics.

Talkback Forum

Racing And Sports offers our users the chance to get involved with spirited discussion about major racing issues on your Talkback Forum. They may include chatter about racing matters, issues relating to the website, sporting conversation, betting matters and more. Please be aware that Racing And Sports now moderates Talkback to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to. The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing And Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users.

Latest Posts