Goulburn racecourse is located 130km south west of Sydney and is the home of the Goulburn and DIstrict Racing Club.Goulburn is recognised as Australia’s oldest inland city. Racing was recorded in the district from 1838 and the oldest Goulburn Cup trophy dates back to 1885. The Goulburn & District Racing Club Limited was founded in 1969 to replace the Goulburn & District Racing and Trotting Club that shared facilities and tracks with the Goulburn Showground from 1949. In 1999 racing moved to a new racecourse built on Goulburn’s northern fringe. Goulburn Racing Club is now recognised as leader among country racing venues in NSW with a state-of-the-art track and modern facilities drawing many runners from Sydney stables.
Goulburn Racing Club hosts 20 race meetings each season with the highlights being the Goulburn Cup in November and the regional heat of the Country Championship in February. Goulburn racecourse has a wide symmetrical circumference of 1750 metres and features a 400m home straight. The track has two chutes providing long straight run from the 1000m and 1600m starts. Goulburn is also a major training centre with several large stables located at the course.