1. A stunning day for Zoustar who sired three stakes winners (Zoutori, Lightsaber, Glistening) taking his total to 20, headlined by a quinella in the Newmarket Handicap (Gr 1, 1200m) that was won by his son Zoutori; while his daughter Mizzy was beaten a nose in the Canterbury Stakes (Gr 1, 1300m).
2. Zoustar is the youngest stallion in the top ten leading Australian sires table by earnings, where he currently sits in sixth position with progeny earnings of $8,256,630.
3. Contribuer sired his first Group 1 winner and second stakes winner when Lion’s Roar won the Randwick Guineas (Gr 1, 1600m). His first stakes winner only came earlier in the week when his daughter Llanacord won the Lowland Stakes (Gr 2, 2100m) at Hastings.
4. Street Cry sired his 24 Group 1 winner when his daughter Savatiano narrowly won the Canterbury Stakes.
5. Streey Cry's son Street Boss sired his 20th Group winner when Anamoe won the Todman Stakes (Gr 2, 1200m) at Randwick. Profiteer (Capitalist) finished a close second but he still retains Golden Slipper favouritism after racing fresh in the lead.
6. Homesman won his second Group 1 when taking out the Australian Cup (Gr 1, 2000m) at Flemington. He is one of 23 Group 1 winners for his sire War Front.
7. More Than Ready sired his 208th stakes winner worldwide when his daughter Starelle came from last to win the A V Kewney Stakes (Gr 2, 1600m) at Flemington.
8. Sepoy sired his second Group 1 winner when his son Salute The Soldier led throughout in Round 2 of the Maktoum Challenge (Gr 1, 2000m) at Meydan, his next target is the Dubai World Cup (Gr 1, 2000m) on March 27.
9. Australian stakes round up:
- Eduardo defeated Nature Strip in Challenge Stakes (Gr 2, 1000m) to win his second Group 2 in track record time
- Snitzel had a stakes double at Randwick with Vulpine leading throughout to win the Weonna Girl Stakes (Gr 3, 1200m) making it stakes winner 108 for her former champions ire, while Wild Ruler scored a good first up win in the Fireball Stakes (Listed, 1100m.
- Missybeel won her second Group Three in the Aspiration Quality (Gr 3, 1600m) and continues the good run for the Savabeel - O’Reilly cross which is responsible for 20 stakes winners and four Group 1 winners.
- Three for Kuroshio - La Rocque scored a strong win the Thoroughbred Breeders Stakes (Gr 3, 1200m) at Flemington to remain undefeated
- Stakes double takes Dream Ahead’s stakes winners total to 31 - Marboosha, a fourth generation homebred for owner breeders Emirates Park Stud, won the Incognitus Stakes (Listed, 1100m) at Flemington, while Western Temple (7 g ex Western Jewel by Jeune) won the Bunbury Stakes (Listed, 1400m).
- Nine for Maxios - Mount Popa won the Randwick City Stakes (Listed, 2000m) at Randwick.
10. International stakes round up:
- (IRE) Two new stakes winners for Speightstown taking his total of stakes winners to 122.
- (JPN) Meikei Yell (Mikki Isle) and Elizabeth Tower (Kingman) dead-head in Tulip Sho (Japanese 1000 Guineas Trial) (Gr 2, 1600m) at Hansin. Elizabeth Tower gave her sire Kingman his 30th stakes winner and first in Japan.
- (GB) 18 for Equiano - Apollo One held on bravely to win the Spring Cup Stakes (Listed, 7f) at Lingfield.
- (UAE) 152 for Shamardal - Canvassed won the Mahab Al Shimaal (Gr 3, 1200m) at Meydan.
- (UAE) The popular son of Whipper Lord Glitters won his second Group 1 when taking out the Jebel Hatta (Gr 1, 1800m) at Meydan.
- (UAE) 70 for Dark Angel - Final Song lands Nad Al Sheba Turf Sprint (Gr 3, 1200m) at Meydan.