News Search Breeding - New Zealand
Search the Racing and Sports News Archives:
Type atleast three letters to find.
- Tue, Oct 22, 2019A pair of Karaka bargains claimed valuable black type wins at Rotorua on October 19.
- Tue, Oct 15, 2019New Zealand's champion sire Savabeel is edging closer to a century of stakeswinners after a pair of notable black type wins in Melbourne and Adelaide on Saturday
- Thu, Oct 10, 2019Wellfield Lodge stallion Vespa picked up his first win as a sire when Piaggio took out the NZB Insurance Pearl Series Race (1000m) at Tauherenikau on Thursday.
- Mon, Oct 07, 2019Outstanding mare Verry Elleegant is proving to be a great advertisement for her New Zealand-based sire Zed.
- Thu, Oct 03, 2019Graduates of New Zealand Bloodstock sales dominated the Group 2 Bill Stutt Stakes at Moonee Valley.
- Tue, Oct 01, 2019It might be early days, but juveniles by dual Group Three winning stallion Sweynesse have made a positive impression.
- Sun, Sep 15, 2019Rich Hill Stud principal John Thompson was a happy man as he reflected on a wonderful week for his resident stallion Shocking while sipping on his Sunday morning coffee.
- Thu, Sep 12, 2019Rahotu couple Philly and Paddy Mullin consider themselves new to the breeding game, and are absolutely delighted to have bred their first stakes winner Cooga Doon.
- Sun, Sep 08, 2019New Zealand Bloodstock has entered into a partnership with the Newcastle Jockey Club as sponsor of the Group 3 Spring Stakes at Broadmeadow.
- Wed, Aug 28, 2019No Limits, the $1.4 million sales topper at New Zealand Bloodstock’s Book 1 Sale in January, made a pleasing start to his career when taking out his 600m trial heat at Te Teko on Tuesday.
- Mon, Aug 19, 2019There has been a change of direction by The Oaks Stud owner Dick Karreman with some of the younger horses and the likelihood of some further major decisions to be made in a year or so.
- Sun, Aug 11, 2019To say that the past fortnight has been a tough one for Cambridge Stud owners Brendan and Jo Lindsay would be an understatement.
- Wed, Aug 07, 2019Saturday’s Gr.3 Winter Cup (1600m) added some black-type lustre to a brief foray into thoroughbred breeding for Carole and Doug Isaacson.
- Thu, Aug 01, 2019Savabeel has broken his own domestic stakes earnings record, narrowly missing becoming the first stallion to hit $4 million in New Zealand in a season, as he stretched his Grosvenor Award winning streak to five years running.