News Search Breeding - News
Search the Racing and Sports News Archives:
Type atleast three letters to find.
- Tue, Oct 22, 2019A series of spectacular results highlighted a solid day of trade at the 2019 Ready2Race Sale at Warwick Farm.
- Mon, Oct 21, 2019Be afraid, be very afraid. It's a warning we should heed with respect when Japanese owners and trainers turn their attention to Australia's premier races.
- Mon, Oct 21, 2019The faith Twin Hills Stud has placed in accomplished sire Denman was rewarded with a stakes double at Caulfield and Randwick on Saturday.
- Mon, Oct 21, 2019Pedigree buff Todd Lichti has a successful knack in finding mares in foal. Take Miss Leonidas for instance.
- Wed, Oct 16, 2019A colt by exciting international sire No Nay Never proved the star when he sold for $525,000 on Day 2 to top the 2019 Magic Millions Gold Coast 2YOs in Training Sale.
- Tue, Oct 15, 2019Coolmore had plenty to celebrate at Caulfield on Saturday with an imported Group One winner and a classy debut win by a son of first season sire Pride Of Dubai.
- Tue, Oct 15, 2019A colt by Deep Field topped Day One of the 2019 Magic Millions Gold Coast 2YOs in Training Sale on Monday when selling for $210,000.
- Sat, Oct 12, 2019There is surely no better place to launch a project honouring leading owner, owners’ advocate, bloodstock consultant & buyer Nick Columb than Caulfield, the scene of many of his most important victories.
- Mon, Oct 07, 2019Karaka graduate Surprise Baby is on his way to emulating his sire Shocking after he booked a spot in next month's $8 million Melbourne Cup with his powerful win at Flemington on Saturday.
- Mon, Oct 07, 2019Has any sire had a more rollercoaster career than Starspangledbanner, the former stud flop now firing bullets big time for Victoria's Rosemont Stud.
- Mon, Oct 07, 2019Zoustar added a new stakes winner among a pair of Group winners at Flemington on Saturday.
- Mon, Oct 07, 2019Champion trainer Chris Waller's historic haul of four Group One winners on Saturday came from a variety of sources and breeding backgrounds.
- Mon, Oct 07, 2019It's certain Darley will have a space booked on its 2020 roster for current 3YO star Bivouac, and not just because he is the latest Godolphin colt to post a Group One win.
- Thu, Oct 03, 2019Pierro's standing as a classic sire is set to get another valuable boost from his exciting three-year-old son Shadow Hero.
- Fri, Sep 27, 2019High class mare Azkadellia has been sold at a country horse sale at Echuca in Victoria for $615,000.
- Mon, Sep 23, 2019A spring rarely goes by without an unexpected star emerging from left field. This year the obvious candidate is the cleverly name Begood Toya Mother, the unheralded gelding from Warrnambool representing a massive syndicate of some 55 owners.
- Fri, Sep 20, 2019A colt by Zoustar set the time standard at the Seymour breeze-up session in preparation for next month's Magic Millions Gold Coast 2YOs in Training Sale.
- Mon, Sep 16, 2019Exceed And Excel colt Bivouac made a stunning rebound at Rosehill on Saturday when he mastered a hot field for his fourth career stakes win in the G2 Run To The Rose.
- Mon, Sep 16, 2019Adelaide-trained three-year-old Dalasan stepped up as a genuine spring star at Flemington on Saturday, adding to the great success her trainer Leon Macdonald and owner Harry Perks have enjoyed over three decades.
- Mon, Sep 16, 2019Impressive So You Think three-year-old Just Thinkin' is going to follow a tried and tested classic path this spring following his strong win in the Listed Dulcify Stakes at Rosehill on Saturday.
- Sat, Sep 14, 2019A colt by boom Queensland sire Better Than Ready set the time standard in the first round of Ready 2 Race Sale breezes at Cranbourne on Friday.
- Mon, Sep 09, 2019The Joy Luck Trust is the owner and breeder of multiple Group winner Dreamforce, and it was certainly a lucky day when he failed to make his reserve price as a yearling.
- Mon, Sep 09, 2019Australia's newest weight-for-age star Samadoubt topped a stellar day for Arrowfield Stud sires with his second successive Group win at Randwick on Saturday.
- Mon, Sep 02, 2019Exciting colt Exceedance took a big step towards consolidating his future stud career with a classy first-up win in the G3 San Domenico Stakes at Rosehill on Saturday.
- Mon, Sep 02, 2019There is a three-way tie at the top of the New Zealand Bloodstock Caulfield WFA Championship table after the super win by Scales Of Justice in Saturday's $1 million NZB Memsie Stakes at Caulfield.
- Mon, Aug 26, 2019Classy Denman sprinter Deprive could get a shot at a G1 win after his thrilling victory in the G3 Show County Quality at Randwick.
- Mon, Aug 26, 2019I Am Invincible filly Libertini laid down a marker as a potential Group One winner with her dominant victory in the G2 Silver Shadow Stakes at Randwick on Saturday, setting the platform for another big season by her record-breaking sire.
- Mon, Aug 26, 2019Value is where you find it, the adage that led Victorian trainer Richard Laming to purchase a yearling colt by Rubick for just $3000 at the Scone sale in 2018.
- Mon, Aug 26, 2019Samadoubt's unexpected victory in the Winx Stakes at Randwick provided his sire Not A Single Doubt with his 11th Group One winner.
- Tue, Aug 20, 2019Godolphin reached new heights with their juveniles in Australia last season and that crop seems certain to carry on in 2019/20 after two of their young stars landed a black type double at Caulfield last Saturday.
- Tue, Aug 20, 2019Classy prospect Dalasan capped a big week for South Australian breeders Toorak Thoroughbreds when he won the G3 Spring Stakes at Morphettville.
- Fri, Aug 09, 2019Shuttle sire Cable Bay is due to arrive at Victoria's Woodside Park Stud on August 31 in time to serve a full book of spring mares following the resolution of a dispute between his Southern Hemisphere and UK shareholders.
- Fri, Aug 09, 2019Roaring Lion is continuing his recovery at Cambridge Stud after a fortnight in hospital and two colic surgeries since his arrival in New Zealand.
- Thu, Aug 08, 2019The Australian bloodstock industry is riding a wave of success with the Australian Stud Book revealing breeding activity is at a five-year high.
- Mon, Aug 05, 2019Magic Albert, a popular sire with Australian breeders for many years, has died at the age of 21.
- Mon, Aug 05, 2019Western Australia's Scenic Lodge is claiming a unique record in Australian breeding to mark another outstanding season by the late classic winning sire Blackfriars.
- Mon, Jul 29, 2019New Zealand's Waikato Stud put its stamp on the final black type races of the season in Australia and New Zealand on Saturday and also celebrated a Derby win in Asia.
- Mon, Jul 29, 2019A court order has been placed on shuttle sire Cable Bay preventing him from travelling to Australia for his spring season at Woodside Park in Victoria.