News Search International - Hong Kong
Search the Racing and Sports News Archives:
Type atleast three letters to find.
- Fri, Sep 20, 2019Racing is at Sha Tin on Saturday September 21 and Racing and Sports has a free computer card to help you find a winner.
- Fri, Sep 20, 2019Andrew Le Jeune takes a ride to Happy Valley with Neil Callan, Pakistan Star nears a return to the track and Graham Cunningham previews Saturday’s feature race at Sha Tin.
- Tue, Sep 17, 2019Racing is at Happy Valley on Wednesday September 18 and Racing and Sports has a free computer card to help you find a winner.
- Tue, Sep 17, 2019Pakistan Star sparkled through a dirt track barrier trial at Sha Tin this morning (Tuesday, 17 September) as he warmed up for what could be a re-defining return to action late next month.
- Tue, Sep 17, 2019Reliable Team has a perfect record to protect when he takes his place in section two of the Class 3 Wah Fu Handicap (1200m) at Happy Valley on Wednesday (18 September) night.
- Mon, Sep 16, 2019They say you can’t keep a good man down and Zac Purton proved that adage with a quartet of wins at Sha Tin today, Sunday, 15 September.
- Sat, Sep 14, 2019Racing is at Sha Tin on Sunday September 15 and Racing and Sports has a free computer card to help you find a winner.
- Fri, Sep 13, 2019The Jockeys’ Premiership in Hong Kong has a familiar feel to it after only three meetings, with the circuit’s three-time champions Joao Moreira and Zac Purton already threatening to edge away from the pack.
- Thu, Sep 12, 2019Blake Shinn did well to keep the welling emotion in check after fulfilling a boyhood dream at Happy Valley tonight, Wednesday, 11 September.
- Tue, Sep 10, 2019Racing is at Happy Valley on Wednesday September 11 and Racing and Sports has a free computer card to help you find a winner.
- Tue, Sep 10, 2019David Hayes is returning to Hong Kong as a Hong Kong Jockey Club licensed trainer.
- Mon, Sep 09, 2019Joao Moreira’s season ignited with a bang this Sunday (8 September) at Sha Tin as the Brazilian ace opened his account with a treble.
- Sat, Sep 07, 2019DBS Hong Kong, Manulife Hong Kong and The Hong Kong Jockey Club (HKJC) are pleased to announce a 3-year partnership for the “DBS x Manulife Million Challenge” starting from the new racing season (2019/20).
- Sat, Sep 07, 2019Tony Millard has only had Elusive State (130lb) in his stable since the start of last season but with four wins from six outings under his care, he has guided the son of All American through a period of improvement which he hopes will continue beyond Sunday’s Class 2 Po Yan Handicap (1200m).
- Sat, Sep 07, 2019Douglas Whyte talks about his new role as a trainer in Hong Kong and Vincent Ho gives the low-down on his rides in the Korea Cup & Sprint this weekend.
- Thu, Sep 05, 2019Frankie Lor’s options had gone when he dipped his hand to select a red ball from a box at this afternoon’s (Thursday, 5 September) barrier draw for the KOR G1 Korea Cup, there was only one ball left.
- Wed, Sep 04, 2019The Hong Kong Jockey Club is committed to upholding uncompromising integrity as a world-class racing club.
- Wed, Sep 04, 2019The Hong Kong Jockey Club bought a well-related colt from the recent BBAG Sale at Baden-Baden, Germany for €40,000 (approximately HK$349,000).
- Tue, Sep 03, 2019Dubai a possible option for leading miler
- Sun, Sep 01, 2019Douglas Whyte is a titan of Hong Kong racing so it is perhaps fitting that a horse named for the Greek god Adonis should go down in the record books as the former riding great’s first winner as a trainer.
- Sat, Aug 31, 2019Racing is at Sha Tin on Sunday September 1 and Racing and Sports has a free computer card to help you find a winner.
- Fri, Aug 30, 2019One of the most anticipated debuts in Hong Kong history will occur at Sha Tin on Sunday (1 September) when race-riding legend Douglas Whyte saddles his step-out runner as a licensed trainer, 23 years after he first rode in a race at the famous track.
- Fri, Aug 30, 2019Andrew Le Jeune and Graham Cunningham preview the new racing season in Hong Kong plus there’s a feature interview with new trainer Douglas Whyte and Australian jockey Blake Shinn.
- Fri, Aug 30, 2019The Hong Kong Jockey Club purchased two colts at the recent Goffs UK Premier Yearling Sale for a total cost of £310,000 (approximately HK$2.949 million).
- Fri, Aug 30, 2019John Moore is upbeat about Styling City’s (113lb) chances of delivering a feature race win in Sunday’s (1 September) Class 1 HKSAR Chief Executive’s Cup Handicap (1200m) at Sha Tin’s season opener.
- Tue, Aug 27, 2019As if having Zac Purton, Joao Moreira and Karis Teetan among a raft of talented jockeys wasn’t enough, the pool of Hong Kong Jockey Club riders has deepened with the additions of Blake Shinn and Lyle Hewitson ahead of the 2019/20 season opener at Sha Tin on Sunday, 1 September.
- Mon, Aug 26, 2019Hong Kong representative Karis Teetan was unable to notch a win on the second and final day of the JRA World All-Star Jockeys series at Sapporo Racecourse, Japan today (Sunday, 25 August).
- Fri, Aug 23, 2019The Hong Kong Jockey Club purchased four colts at the recent 2019 Arqana August Yearling Sale in Deauville, France, for a total cost of €745,000 (approximately HK$6.5 million).
- Fri, Aug 23, 2019Karis Teetan heads to Sapporo, Japan, this weekend, refreshed off a summer break and keen to launch what he hopes will be a successful assault on the World All-Star Jockeys (WASJ) competition.
- Sun, Aug 11, 2019Vincent Ho marked his first day in the saddle at one of the world’s most famous racecourses with a win as his Rest of the World team captured the Shergar Cup at Ascot on Saturday (10 August).
- Mon, Jul 15, 2019John Size collected his 11th champion trainer title and Zac Purton his third champion jockey trophy at the end of an action-packed 11-race card today (Sunday, 14 July) at Sha Tin, which capped a captivating 2018/19 Hong Kong racing season
- Mon, Jul 15, 2019John Size had a two-win lead over John Moore going into Hong Kong’s 2018/19 season finale at Sha Tin this afternoon (Sunday, 14 July). When the last horse crossed the line 11 races later, that advantage had extended to three and an 11th premiership was his.
- Sat, Jul 13, 2019Beauty Generation claimed the Hong Kong Horse of the Year award for the second year in a row at a sparkling ceremony held at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel tonight, Friday, 12 July.
- Sat, Jul 13, 2019Racing is at Sha Tin on Sunday July 14 and Racing and Sports has a free computer card to help you find a winner.
- Fri, Jul 12, 2019Zac Purton is playing down his chances of making history at Sha Tin on Sunday (14 July) when he will need to ride five winners to top Joao Moreira’s record of 170 wins in a Hong Kong season.
- Fri, Jul 12, 2019John Size goes into the final meeting of the Hong Kong season with a two-win advantage over rival John Moore in what has developed into a thrilling battle for the trainers’ championship.
- Thu, Jul 11, 2019John Size extended his slender lead in the trainer’s premiership in the face of a John Moore assault at Happy Valley tonight (Wednesday, 10 July).
- Tue, Jul 09, 2019Racing is at Happy Valley on Wednesday July 10 and Racing and Sports has a free computer card to help you find a winner.
- Sun, Jul 07, 2019Zac Purton has Joao Moreira’s single season record back in his sights after a blitzing six-timer at Sha Tin this afternoon (Sunday, 7 July) took the champion jockey to within striking range.
- Sat, Jul 06, 2019Racing is at Sha Tin on Sunday July 7 and Racing and Sports has a free computer card to help you find a winner.
- Sat, Jul 06, 2019A son of Kodiac topped the Hong Kong International Sale (July) held at the Sha Tin Racecourse Parade Ring tonight, Friday, 5 July, as 20 lots sold for an aggregate of HK$48.8 million.
- Thu, Jul 04, 2019Aldo Domeyer has made a rapid advance since arriving in Hong Kong at the start of May and he annexed his first Hong Kong treble when the promising Not Usual Talent took the finale at Happy Valley tonight, Wednesday, 3 July.
- Wed, Jul 03, 2019Racing is at Happy Valley on Wednesday July 3 and Racing and Sports has a free computer card to help you find a winner.
- Tue, Jul 02, 2019Zac Purton has conceded that Joao Moreira’s record of 170 wins in a season is likely beyond his reach but the champion jockey is certainly not easing down through the final four fixtures as he continues to stack up a mighty personal best.
- Sat, Jun 29, 2019Racing is at Sha Tin on Monday June 30 and Racing and Sports has a free computer card to help you find a winner.
- Fri, Jun 28, 2019Brazilian jockeys have made waves in Hong Kong in recent years and Vagner Borges is hoping to make a noticeable first ripple when he steps out for his Hong Kong debut at Sha Tin on Monday, 1 July.
- Wed, Jun 26, 2019Racing is at Happy Valley on Wednesday June 26 and Racing and Sports has a free computer card to help you find a winner.
- Mon, Jun 24, 2019Flying Thunder gave jockey Grant van Niekerk his first Group race win in Hong Kong with a smart display in the G3 Premier Cup Handicap (1400m) at Sha Tin today, Sunday, 23 June.
- Mon, Jun 24, 2019Rise High overcame top-weight of 133lb and a hefty bump at the top of the straight to post a dominant length and a quarter victory from Seasons Bloom (130lb), with Citron Spirit (128lb) third.
- Sat, Jun 22, 2019Racing is at Sha Tin on Sunday June 23 and Racing and Sports has a free computer card to help you find a winner.
- Sat, Jun 22, 2019Grant van Niekerk has enjoyed a fine debut season in Hong Kong and he’s looking to cap it with a breakthrough feature race success aboard Flying Thunder in Sunday’s (23 June) G3 Premier Cup Handicap (1400m).