A small field of juvenile maidens line up in the opener with three of the eight racing for the first time. The only one of the remaining five to have raced twice already, (2) ADELE BOSS, probably did enough on the latter of those appearances to warrant favourite status. Having done little on debut in August, Adele Boss was significantly better on September 17th when settling handy and running on for 2nd place, albeit a long was behind a very good winner, in a decent time. He won't need to improve much on that in order to win here. (3) OREUDA and (5) I WILL BE FREE trialed up in the same hear on September 11th with Oreuda finishing the better of the pair in a good time. Both hinted at some competence though and they look to be the biggest dangers here. Returning to the experienced ones, (6) GOLDEN BROOM ran a fair race on debut on a wet track and he along with (1) NOBLE SPIRIT have placing claims.
|Selections||(2) Adele Boss (3) Oreuda (5) I Will Be Free (6) Golden Broom|
|Next Best||1, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 3, 5|
Busan Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 25 Million
(7) CROWN KING STAR led for much of the way around 1300M at his latest start on September 17th, ultimately being passed at the furlong pole by a good winner and having to settle for a career-best to date of 2nd. He comes back in trip today, draws fairly and this time could lead from gate to wire. (12) RUN AND GUN has been consistent in recent outings with a couple of 3rd places along the way, including last start at this distance. She also has the fastest time of any of these at the distance. She tends to go back in her races so the wide draw shouldn't be an issue and she has claims here. (5) UNBRIDLED QUEEN was a significantly improved 2nd when returning to action a full ten-months after her original debut. She should have come on for that run and can go close again here. (6) USEUNG HUNTER and (9) HOT PLAY among others in the frame.
|Selections||(7) Crown King Star (12) Run And Gun (5) Unbridled Queen (6) Useung Hunter|
|Next Best||9, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 5, 6, 12|
Busan Race 3: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(12) PUREUN JANGMI broke through at start number three back in July when she made all over 1200M. That followed 3rd and 2nd place finishes form her first two attempts. There are a couple of things to be careful of. She races for the first time in thirteen weeks, she is up in class and she is an on-pace runner drawn in the widest gate. But she should be able to overcome all three and she will be favourite. (6) MARK ACE may only have won one of his twelve races so far but he has finished in the top three on seven occasions. He has run consistently good times at this distance and drops back in trip having beaten a couple of these on his way to a creditable 6th over a mile a month ago. He can settle handy to the speed here and should be a danger at the business end. (7) HAEUNDAE BADA has also run good times at this distance including at his latest start on September 12th when he ran 3rd having led for part of the way around, beating a couple of these in the process. (1) INDIAN PARTY should be better for coming back in trip today while (4) CHOEGANG LIGER is another with placing hopes.
|Selections||(12) Pureun Jangmi (6) Mark Ace (7) Haeundae Bada (1) Indian Party|
|Next Best||4, 2|
|Fast Start||7, 8, 10, 12|
Busan Race 4: Class 5 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 40 Million
(10) MENI GLORY has three runner-up finishes from four starts so far, with his latest coming on September 10th when he was returning from five months off. He should strip fitter for that and tackles the mile today with fair claims to register a maiden win. Also on the hunt for a maiden score is (2) K K WON. He has raced thirteen times to date, finishing in the top three on six occasions but still finding the breakthrough elusive. He could well start as favourite here though on the back of a solid class and distance 3rd on September 10th when he overcame the widest draw to almost lead the entire way around. From a better gate this time, he surely goes close. (12) GEUMA GOOD POINT finished behind K K Won back in July but has since put in a couple of decent spins around 1800M and despite the wide draw, can be expected to go close here. (11) KWAEHAN HWANGGEUM is better than his latest couple of outings suggest and along with (4) GOLDEN KAISER, also has placing claims.
|Selections||(10) Meni Glory (2) K K Won (12) Geuma Good Point (11) Kwaehan Hwanggeum|
|Next Best||4, 5|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 10, 12|
Busan Race 5: Class 4 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(2) HILL MORE registered his maiden win two starts back at class 6 level over a mile before running 2nd on his first try at this class and distance on September 10th, beating several of today's rivals in the process and only beaten a neck on the line. He comes up 2kg in the weights under today's conditions but from a great draw can pick his spot and he should be too strong in the closing stages. That 2kg swing can work most in favour of (9) BURNING PARTY, who having led for part of that race on September 10th, ultimately finished in 3rd place and has a four-length deficit to overturn on Hill More. She may well get closer this time. (10) DUMUSAN is the only one of these to have won at this distance. That came at his latest start on September 3rd when he came from well off the pace to win at class 5 level. Despite being in class, he also comes up in the weights but don't rule out a strong finish from him here. (11) CLEAN SHOT was 4th in the September 10th race continuing his run of consistent finishes and should be in amongst the action again while (8) TRIUMPH KING may also enter the calculations.
|Selections||(2) Hill More (9) Burning Party (10) Dumusan (11) Clean Shot|
|Next Best||8, 12|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 6, 12|
Busan Race 6: Class 2 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(7) SONIC KING IJI beat four of today's rivals on his way to an excellent win at this class over 1400M on September 17th. He is back in trip and up in the weights but he is set to be favourite to prevail once more. (3) MIRACLE DREAMING led for much of that race before ultimately coming home in 2nd place. He has three wins but now has no fewer than eight runner-up finishes to his name, He draws nicely here and should be close to the pace again but may well have to settle for 2nd again. (8) FANTASTIC ROAD returns from seven months off but trialed competently enough a couple of weeks ago and comes in here under a light weight. He has every chance of going well first-up. (2) YES PERFECT has a hard time when tried over 1800M at his latest start in August but should be much better for being dropped back to today's distance – he has beaten plenty of these at it already. (4) I'M YOUR FASHION another with genuine placing claims.
|Selections||(7) Sonic King Iji (3) Miracle Dreaming (8) Fantatsic Road (2) Yes Perfect|
|Next Best||4, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 5, 8|