Eight previously unraced juveniles kick off the day's proceedings. (5) PURPLE K will be the favourite and is the top pick. She won her trial comfortably and while she was a touch ungainly early, she settled down and ran well under hands and heels in a fast time. She's very much the one to beat. (1) GREENBACK won her trial in fine style, cruising to the lead and then being ridden out all the way to the line. A similar performance puts him squarely in the finish here. (2) PINE FARM trialed on a very wet track and appeared to hang out a lot, putting her rider at a disadvantage. She still ran well though in a useful time and if she has learned from the experience then a place may not be beyond her on debut. (7) SEUNGBUSA perhaps looks an outside chance based on his trial placing but he veered sharply inward to the running rail on jumping, losing ground and settling a long last. With that in mind, his performance in the closing stages was commendable.
|Selections||(5) Purple K (1) Greenback (2) Pine Farm (7) Seungbusa|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 5|
Busan Race 1: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 33 Million
A maiden for three-year-olds and down and (2) PUREUN JANGMI should have the beating of these. She ran 3rd on debut and then 2nd on her re-appearance, both at this distance and both times having raced on pace. At her latest start she led until the closing stages and recorded a fast time. Both of those were in restricted fillies' company but she draws well again to lead and she should make it third time lucky here. (11) GLORY SONG has done nothing too much wrong in two starts so far, including a good 2nd place on debut over the 1000M. The extended trip today may work in her favour today. (7) DRIVE TOWN debuted all the way back in January, settling handy and running on for 2nd over 1000M. He came back to trial in decent order in June and comes into placing contention here . (1) AREUMDAUN GAMDONG has improved across three starts so far. Last time out she crossed from gate ten to briefly lead before ultimately finishing 4th but today, for the first time, she draws well. This should give her an easier run and she can match or better that 4th.
|Selections||(2) Pureun Jangmi (11) Glory Song (7) Drive Town (1) Areumdaun Gamdong|
|Next Best||8, 12|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 7, 11|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 33 Million
Three-year-old maiden fillies only here. (10) DREAM KNOCK is the favourite, coming back into action twelve weeks after the latest of three encouraging runs at this level which included a 2nd and a 3rd. She trialed up nicely at the end of May and her running style suggests she doesn't need to lead so the draw is not too disadvantageous. She has every chance. (7) MISS CAMP is worth thought based on her last start 2nd when she led before being caught near the line. The apprentice claim keeps her down in the weights and in the picture. (1) WONDERFUL GEUMSUNG has shown improvement across her four prior starts culminating in 2nd place last time out at this distance when she was handy throughout and then ran on, registering a good time. She draws the same gate today and it won't take much improvement for her to be in the finish. There are a couple of newcomers. (11) LAPIEO BAN is an unraced filly who did reasonably well across three trials. The jockey booking will attract plenty.
|Selections||(10) Dream Knock (7) Miss Camp (1) Wonderful Geumsung (11) Lapieo Ban|
|Next Best||4, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 6, 7|
Busan Race 2: Class 6 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
The sole previous winner is (3) WHITE GALLOPER, who scored three starts back over this distance, She settled back and then ran on well as is her style, and while in two subsequent starts she has left herself a bit too much to do, coming home 5th and 4th, she should be in the frame today under a very light weight. (10) A ONE PLUS looks ready to win after back-to-back runner-up finishes over 1300M, both in good times. At her last start, from an even wider draw than today, she settled midfield and then ran on strong, getting close to a good winner and a similar run could see her home on top here with the slightly added trip a plus. (1) CHOEGANG BEONJJEOK was much improved last time when from the inside gate, he managed to lead before ultimately running 2nd in a decent time over 1200M. He comes up in trip today but gets the same advantageous draw and can build on that progress. (2) DAEHOMA too got his best result to date at his latest outing when 4th at this trip. He too can take advantage of a good draw to get close to the pace and is not without a chance.
|Selections||(3) White Galloper (10) A One Plus (1) Choegang Beonjjeok (2) Daehoma|
|Next Best||12, 11|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 5, 12|
Seoul Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(6) THUNDER CHAMP had good recent form prior to his latest start when he got caught in a duel for the lead early and appeared to suffer for it, ending up well back behind a couple of today's rivals. Draw a line through that and go on hos previous start over 1300M when he had a soft, relaxed lead only to go down by the narrowest of margins. He has the best start of any of these and is right in this. (11) NAUI SINHWA comes into the calculations based on his last start 2nd when he was squeezed a little soon after the start and then settled back before running on strong. He has mixed his form but has five top five finishes from seven starts and can go close here. (10) POLKA has the fastest time of these at this distance and he has been consistent in his recent form without breaking through. He can lead or come from midfield and the draw shouldn't trouble him too much. (4) CHEONJON can have is latest start disregarded when he dipped soon after the start before settling handy but ultimately fading. His 2nd at the start before was much more in character and he is worth another chance here. (7) STAR RUSH the best of the rest.
|Selections||(6) Thunder Champ (11) Naui Sinhwa (10) Polka (4) Cheonjon|
|Next Best||7, 3|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 10, 12|
Busan Race 3: Class 6 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
It's about time (8) HORAENGI made her breakthrough. Form seven previous starts, she has missed the top five on only one occasion and has consistently recorded good times. She has raced on pace and also come from behind and has been beaten by better foes than she faces today. This time she should get it right. (4) QUEEN OF HEARTS has been getting quite far back in her races but finished off nicely for an improved 5th in an all-filly affair over 1200M on June 20th. The manner in which she finished off suggests that the additional trip today will be in her favour and she can continue to improve. (5) SORI OREUM ran 2nd on debut and then 5th when running on late on his reappearance a month ago. Both of those were over 1000M so he gets the chance to get stuck into a bit of distance today and it may well suit. (12) TAMNA HWANGHU is just one of two runners here who have previously won a race. It came at this distance two starts back and while the draw does her no favours here, she can go close.
|Selections||(8) Horaengi (4) Queen Of Hearts (5) Sori Oreum (12) Tamna Hwanghu|
|Next Best||8, 9|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 4: Class 6 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(10) JEOLMEUN YEONGUNG ran on very pleasingly at start number two over 1200M on June 19th. He should strip fitter for that and his first run and with Munro aboard again and with an extra furlong to play with, he could breakthrough here. That means we are going to take on the favourite, which will be (7) SILVER DRAGON. He is always competitive and last start after being a little slow away, he finished off strongly for 4th. He has beaten plenty of these in recent outings, including Jeolmeun Yeongung and he has every chance of breaking through at what will be start number nine today. (6) LONDON HEAT is one of those who has finished behind Silver Dragon before, but she showed her ability at her latest start when 3rd over 1300M. She was handy in the run before finishing strongly and a repeat of that run should put her in the finish today. (5) PURGE QUEEN was poor when previously tried at this distance but looks ready for another crack after a fair 4th at 1200M when she stuck to her task well. Her times have been on the slow side, but she won't need to improve too much to challenge for the places here.
|Selections||(10) Jeolmeun Yeongung (7) Silver Dragon (6) London Heat (5) Purge Queen|
|Next Best||1, 8|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 8, 10|
Busan Race 4: Class 3 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(4) MAN OF TOP finally made his winning breakthrough at start number fifteen on June 27th after a strong of near-misses. That came at a mile as he sat handy before Ioannis Poullis roused him home in the closing stages. He goes back up to 1800M today, a distance he has performed well at and while he is up in class, this isn't the most intimidating class 4 field that you'll find, and he comes down a full 5kg in the weights. He will be strong favourite and is hard to oppose. (6) RAPID GAME ran 3rd behind Man Of Top two starts back at this distance before finishing 4th at a mile on his latest start. He carries even less weight under in-form jockey Kim Hye-sun and can push the favourite hard. (7) SEONGSAN POWER was a winner at this distance at class 4 level two starts back before running a very good 2nd at this class and distance on May 30th, beating three of today's rivals in the process. She likes to lead and will force the rest to come past her. Running in 3rd place that day was (3) GIJEOGUI JEOKTOMA and he is one of a number capable of challenging for places.
|Selections||(4) Man Of Top (6) Rapid Game (7) Seongsan Power (3) Gijeogui Jeoktoma|
|Next Best||8, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 7|
Seoul Race 5: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 45 Million
(9) ACHIM GISANG picks herself here having won all three previous starts by big margins and in good times. The barrier is of no concern due to her prodigious early speed, and she will lead again regardless. She'll be hot favourite. Mot winning streaks come to an end at some point and (6) BRAVO MAY is the one with the most chance of bringing Achim Gisang's to an end today. His win came at class 6 three starts back and in two outings since, he has run 2nd both times settling midfield and running on. Given his draw, we can expect him to settle handy to the leader today and wait for an opening. (4) ALCHAN NURI showed improvement last start when 3rd at this distance sitting midfield and running on. A repeat of that effort can get him into the placings again. In a race with such a hot favourite, we might as well go for an each-way one at big odds too. (1) PERFECT POWER has had excuses for his two latest failures but has put in some decent performances as well. He is a 1300M winner and has a nice draw on the inside.
|Selections||(9) Achim Gisang (6) Bravo May (4) Alchan Nuri (1) Perfect Power|
|Next Best||11, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 7, 9|
Busan Race 5: Class 4 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 45 Million
After winning well on debut, (10) GOLDEN BYEORAK was on pace but ended up 3rd on reappearance over 1400M on May 22nd. He has had eight weeks off since and should be right for his step up to a mile today. The draw isn't a concern, and he can return to winning ways here. Quite a few are capable of stopping him on their day though. (7) MONOPOLY has won at the distance and ran 2nd on his first try at this class last time out. He likes to settle midfield and should be coming on strong late here. (3) GALAXY ROAD has the fastest time of any of these at the distance. He is up in class and racing for the first time since a solid score at over 1400M in April and should be competitive here. Rarely uncompetitive is (8) B.K JOHN, who beat a couple of these on his way to 2nd place at 1400M on June 13th. His one previous start at this distance didn't go well but he has impressed since and looks ready for another crack today.
|Selections||(10) Golden Byeorak (7) Monopoly (3) Galaxy Road (8) B.K. John|
|Next Best||6, 2|
|Fast Start||3, 6, 8, 10|
Seoul Race 6: Class 4 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 45 Million
Many chances in this race but (4) HIDDEN DOLPUNG is the standout, favourite and pick. He won on debut and has since finished runner-up on three occasions. He settles handy to the leaders and runs on which suggests that the 1400M may suit him and he draws nicely for Moon Se Young to pick his spot. (3) ROYAL ELVIS comes in off 2nd and 3rd in his two latest starts and is the likely early leader here. The good draw will assist his chances. (5) GREEN DARC was a somewhat surprising winner at class and distance in a good time at her latest start. She was on pace early then handy and ran on for a good score. A repeat of that effort and a nice barrier bring her into contention again. (6) HEUNGROK DAEBU was 3rd last start over 1700M but is perhaps better suited to today's trip. He likes to sit just behind the leaders, which is what he has done in both wins to date and he can go close today.
|Selections||(4) Hidden Dolpung (3) Royal Elvis (5) Green Darc (6) Heungrok Daebu|
|Next Best||8, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 7, 10|
Busan Race 6: Class 2 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(8) BARBARIAN has six wins and a further four runner-up finished from eleven career outings to date. He comes in off a last start class and distance victory on June 13th against what was an arguably tougher set of opponents than today. He does come up slightly in the weights but that shouldn't be an issue and he should win again. (4) MAPLE CLASSIC comes back up in trip following a good 3rd over 1200M three weeks ago. He can sit handy and run on strong here. Coming back in trip is (3) WORLD TOP. He won at this distance in March in a very fast time before weakening in his first two goes at this class, both over 1800M. This should suit better. Also back in trip is (5) WORLD TODAY. He mixes his form but has a solid record at this distance and should be in at least the placing hunt.
|Selections||(8) Barbarian (4) Maple Classic (3) World Top (5) World Today|
|Next Best||6, 1|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 4, 5|
Seoul Race 7: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(5) VICTOR MOON is a filly going places with two wins and a 2nd from three starts so far, all of them at today's distance and all in good times. She is up in class but comes down in the weights and with a nice draw looks hard to beat. (10) LEVEL TAP is a 1200M specialist and was a big winner at class and distance last start when, as is his racing pattern, he led. Two starts back he posted a phenomenal time when 2nd to Legend Day. He has to contend with a weight increase, a wide draw and a tough opponent, but don't rule out him overcoming all three. (1) SPRING KING has shown improvement at recent starts and is worth thought based on his latest outing when 3rd at this distance in a good time. He can maintain that momentum here. (3) BIG TO THE BIG has done her best work at a little bit further but accordingly, you can be sure she will be strong at the finish and can place.
|Selections||(5) Victor Moon (10) Level Tap (1) Spring King (3) Big To The Big|
|Next Best||2, 6|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 6, 10|
Seoul Race 8: Class 4 (1800M) Allowance / KRW 45 Million
Small field but a tricky one. (7) DAEHAN JILJU has never been outside the top three in six outings to date. He comes in off back-to-back wins in good times over 1400M, with the latest especially impressive. He is up in both class and distance today but should be equal to both and can make it three in a row. Already with three in a row is (2) ACE HAMSEONG. He too steps up in class following his hat-trick with the latest two having been over 1700M. He comes in well at the weights, is versatile in his racing style and from a nice draw, can settle where he pleases. (4) FIRE ROAD has three wins from five starts including one around two turns. At his latest outing, his first at this class, he didn't run badly, given his barrier and that he was forced wide throughout. He is worth another chance for a place here. (3) MANSE is worth consideration too. He is yet to try this distance, but his racing pattern suggests it may suit.
|Selections||(7) Daehan Jilju (2) Ace Hamseong (4) Fire Road (3) Manse|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 7, 8|
Seoul Race 9: Class 1 (2000M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(6) CHEONGDAM DOKKI has been one of Korea's best racehorses for several seasons and is still in form. Disregard his last start when back in distance to 1400M and up against some super one-turn horses, but instead on his two-turn form. He has won two out of his last three at 1800M, carrying 60kg in both. Doubt may have been sowed by that April defeat to the extent that he may not even start as favourite, but his class can see him through here. If he does get turned over then (1) LIL' PATRON perhaps has the best chance. He was a last start 2nd at this distance in a good time and performs best when handily placed which should be assisted by the inside barrier. (4) HEUNGHAENG JILJU is an up and comer who has won his last two races over 1800M at class 2 level to come up to the elite level for the first time. The likes of Cheongdam Dokki is a different prospect but he comes down in weight and should measure up to the majority of this field. (7) WONDERFUL EVIL may sneak a place based on recent 1800M form including a huge class 2 win on a good time. He wasn't disgraced first-up in class 1 either.
|Selections||(6) Cheongdam Dokki (1) Lil' Patron (4) Heunghaeng Jilju (7) Wonderful Evil|
|Next Best||11, 10|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 6, 11|