Juvenile filly maidens to begin with and five of the twelve have raced before. Among those five is the hot favourite, (2) NUNBUSIN HANSEN. She ran 2nd on debut in a decent time on September 29th and a similar performance should see her home on top today. Of the others with previous racing experience, (11) COMPLETE MAGIC ran an improved 5th on her second start in October and can continue to make progress here. Among the first-timers, (4) MONEY SIJANG was a useful trial winner two weeks ago and looks to be the pick. (10) THUNDER SONIA ran 2nd in the same heat and also looks to have some ability. (3) ONE AND ONLY the pick of the rest.
|Selections||(2) Nunbusin Hansen (4) Money Sijang (3) One And Only (10) Thunder Sonia|
|Next Best||11, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 5, 9|
Race 2: Class 4 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
More juvenile maidens, this time with four of them having raced before. (8) CHUNSAN was only beaten a nose into 2nd in a tight three-way finish on debut on October 6th. It was a fast time and she showed enough to warrant being favourite here. (2) CHEONSA PARK was 6th in the same race, an improvement from his first effort and can go better again today. (10) AMIGO RARO missed the kick slightly on his latest appearance three weeks ago but ran on pleasingly enough and can continue his development here while (3) POWER YACHT did nothing wrong on debut and is another who can aim for a place. Of the first timers, (4) CLEAN UP BELLA is the clear pick having run 3rd in a fast trial all the way back in August. It's taken him a while to get to the track but should go well first-up.
|Selections||(8) Chunsan (4) Clean Up Bella (10) Amigo Raro (2) Cheonsa Park|
|Next Best||3, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 2, 8, 10|
Race 3: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
Only nine runners but a wide-open race. It's tempting to give (2) PUNCH POWER another chance. Having put in encouraging runs on his first two starts, he never really got going over 1000M last time out two weeks ago and finished back in the pack. Back up in trip today, he may be better. Since returning from seven months off in September, (1) HIT THE PACE has run 4th and 3rd, the latest of which was at this trip. This is a tougher assignment, but he may be considered. (3) GOLD FIELD too swims in slightly choppier waters here but also looks to be on the improve. (7) WIN BLADE came close to making all at length odds last start, only to be caught late on. That was his first try at this distance and a big improvement, so he has to be respected here. (8) RESKA the best of the rest.
|Selections||(2) Punch Power (7) Win Blade (1) Hit The Pace (3) Gold Field|
|Next Best||8, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 7|
Race 4: Class 4 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
Valuable juvenile maiden for imported horses with only two of the eleven having raced before. One of those two is (10) BLUE MACARON, who ran 4th on debut on October 6th, just under three-lengths behind the winner. He should have come on for that run and is among the leading contenders here. Both (6) MARK STORY and (7) MOONHAK MISCHIEF won their respective trials last month and both come straight into contention. The latter probably looks best place to make an immediate impact. Quicker than both of those in his trial was (1) FULL BOOSTER, who finished ahead of three of his rivals here – including Blue Macaron – in his heat back in September, and he too is likely to be well backed first up. (4) NANEUN STAR is another who posted a fast qualifying time – be sure to watch the market for additional clues.
|Selections||(10) Blue Macaron (7) Moonhak Mischief (1) Full Booster (6) Mark Story|
|Next Best||4, 2|
|Fast Start||2, 7, 8, 10|
Race 5: Class 6 (1300M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
Back to juvenile maidens here and (10) SIMPLE STYLE ran 6th on debut in a decent time behind some promising looking horses. His manners weren't great but if he sorts those, he won't need to have come on too much to be right in this. (4) HEUNGHAENG JILJU ran 3rd on debut over 1000M last month, running through the line well and should appreciate the step up in trip today. (9) GOSOK PEDAL was a decent 4th on debut at long odds on October 5th, also at 1000M. He too steps up in trip with claims to go better. (5) SHINY QUEEN and solitary debut-maker (1) GO UP look best of the rest.
|Selections||(10) Simple Style (4) Heunghaeng Jilju (9) Gosok Pedal (1) Go Up|
|Next Best||5, 6|
|Fast Start||2, 8, 10|
Race 6: Class 6 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 24 Million
(2) DAE YONGWANG has been knocking at the door for some time and almost made his breakthrough last start, his first at this distance when he was only beaten a nose. In this small field he should be prominent from the start and can win. Also only beaten a nose on his first try at 1700M was (1) ACE SHINE. That was just two weeks ago and was his first start for trainer Tony Castenheira. He can go close again. (8) ANY SEON is another who has a 2nd place to her name and ran 5th behind Dae Yongwang last start. She'll be in the hunt here. (3) BLUE BAND and (7) HOSUA are others who can compete for places.
|Selections||(2) Dae Yongwang (1) Ace Shine (8) Any Seon (3) Blue Band|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 8|
Race 7: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
Interesting race pitting some experienced locally bred horses against some up and coming imports. Belonging to the former group is (10) JEMA TEUKGEUP. An also-ran in the Korean Oaks, she's won two of her latest three, including last start at 1200M. She did return a little lame from that race on October 6th but back fully fit, she has a real chance of winning again. In the imported camp is (5) JEONGSANG BAEKHO. He races for the third time today, having neem 2nd and 3rd on his first two outings. He'll be on pace and could go all the way here. (7) GEUMJAYU improved to 3rd last time and can maintain his momentum here while (2) SOUL MERIT and (9) MUNHAK FIRE are others to consider.
|Selections||(5) Jeongsang Baekho (10) Jema Teukgeup (7) Geumjayu (9) Munhak Fire|
|Next Best||2, 4|
|Fast Start||5, 7, 9, 10|
Race 8: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
After finishing 3rd on debut in August, (2) DETERMINATION has won back to back races in fine style by a combined eleven-lengths to be rapidly promoted to this class. He drops back to 1300M today and looks hard to beat here. It's possible that his main rival could be a debut-maker. (6) HIDDEN SOCKS won his trial in impressive fashion and while it was all the way back in August, aside from the favourite, there is little to fear here. (5) HWANGGEUM LUCKY should appreciate a bit more distance today and can aim for the places along with (3) GOLDEN STEP and (9) BIG TRIPLE.
|Selections||(2) Determination (6) Hidden Socks (5) Hwanggeum Lucky (3) Golden Step|
|Fast Start||3, 8|
Race 9: Class 5 (1000M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(7) DOKBO CHEONHA has raced twice, been favourite twice and finished 2nd twice. Both times though, he has been beaten by what could well turn out to be very good horses, especially the latter time. He is up in class today but that shouldn't be an issue as against these known quantities, he should have too much. (5) SPECTOR QUEEN is up in class too, in her case following a good win at this distance last start. Form a handy position she can run on well and is a danger. So too is (11) BARAMUI SORI, who beat a couple of these last start on her way to 4th. (6) FULL MOON OCEAN and (10) DAEMA JIPUNG, the latter up in class after an all the way win last start, are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(7) Dokbo Cheonha (5) Spector Queen (11) Baramui Sori (10) Daema Jipung|
|Next Best||6, 4|
|Fast Start||6, 7, 10, 11|
Race 10: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 60 million
(12) SABA KINGDOM was a somewhat unexpected winner at class and distance on October 5th, beating both (1) RAON DOLPUNG and (2) BI PYEONG in the process. A repeat isn't out of the question here although an additional 3kg and the widest gate will make it hard. Both Bi Pyeong and Raon Dolpung will be expected to overturn the form, but they are by no means the only dangers. (11) SPEED HWANGNYONG comes in having finished 3rd in both his latest two appearances and should be close at hand again. (5) LOVE RACE, up in class and distance after a good win over 1300M last start, and (10) SEMYEONG GISANG are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(11) Speed Hwangnyong (1) Raon Dolpung (2) Bi Pyeong (10) Semyeong Gisang|
|Next Best||12, 5|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 10, 12|
Race 11: Class 3 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 75 Million
(9) DAE BYEONHWA may only have won two of his twenty-two assignments so far, but he comes in here following plenty of recent near-misses. He's been runner-up in both his latest two, most recently at this distance and could go one better today. (5) GAON FORCE is the main danger. He's been gelded since an unsuccessful tile at the first two legs of the Triple Crown and was a very nice winner over 1300M last start which puts him up in class here. He looks nicely in and could win again. (8) SKY DOLPUNG has done most of his recent work at shorter but he has won over this trip in the past and is in contention here. (3) STAR POWER and (4) WILD DRAGON are others who can go close.
|Selections||(9) Dae Byeonhwa (5) Gaon Force (8) Sky Dolpung (3) Star Power|
|Fast Start||4, 5|
Race 12: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(9) MAPAEBONG and (1) ROYAL SMARTY came home 3rd and 4th respectively with just over a length between them, when they raced each other at class and distance on October 13th. Both look in the hunt again with Royal Smarty slightly favoured to overturn the form this time. (4) LUCKY MIDAS ran 2nd in arguably a stronger race than this last start and warrants respect today. He can sit handy and finish strongly. (2) FLYING JOY and (7) DAEHAN ILPUM are both better than their respective latest starts and can get closer here.
|Selections||(1) Royal Smarty (9) Mapaebong (4) Lucky Midas (2) Flying Joy|
|Next Best||7, 5|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 7|