Fillies only to begin with. There is just one previous winner in the race and (9) LEAD VOCAL is strongly favoured to repeat. Her win came when making all over 1400M in March in good style. On her return a month ago at 1300M, she knuckled on jumping and lost ground before racing wide and then meeting traffic in the home straight but still ran on pleasingly for 5th. With a better start today, she wins. (7) CINDERELLA has shown her best form at today's trip. She likes to settle handy and run on and while she doesn't have the fastest of times to her name, she can be competitive here. (6) REMEMBER WHEN has been consistent across her six starts so far. She led last time from the widest gate and with a better draw today, can go close. (2) FINAL ACE was much improved when leading over this distance last time and gets the same significant apprentice claim today. (4) GOLD SPIKE comes down in trip and looks the best of the rest.
|Selections||(9) Lead Vocal (7) Cinderella (6) Remember When (2) Final Ace|
|Next Best||4, 3|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 8, 9|
Busan Race 1: Class 6 (1000M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Fascinating opener at Busan where some promising debutants face some encouraging experience. We'll side with experience for our top pick and it is winning experience as well. (4) ACE SOLOMON was a good front-running winner at start number two in March over 1200M before weakening a little on his reappearance at the same trip in April. The drop to the minimum distance looks set to be in his favour and he can potentially lead all the way here. The main danger is one of the first-timers. That's (1) INDY CHOICE, who comes in after having run an impressive 2nd in a trial in early May. He registered the same time as the winner of the heat, Miss Indie, who won on her own race debut last weekend. Nicely drawn on the inside, he can go well first-up. It's also trial form that leads us to consider (2) PYEONGHWA SIDAE. No trees were pulled up on debut last August but he returned to requalify in mid-May, blitzing a trial and if he brings that form to the races, he should go close. (6) BAEK PUNG and (9) TAEPUNGI are others in the hunt.
|Selections||(4) Ace Solomon (1) Indy Choice (2) Pyeonghwa Sidae (9) Taepungi|
|Next Best||6, 12|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 6, 10|
Seoul Race 2: Class 6 (1200M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
(10) SMART OFFICER was a good winner on debut on debut on April 17th when she was slowly away but gradually made ground before pulling away in the closing stages. She had the widest gate that time so draws slightly better and even carries 1kg less so while this is a better race, she has plenty in her favour again. (5) JANGSAN GUARD and (7) BEST FORCE came home 2nd and 3rd when they raced each other at this distance on May 2nd. Jangsan Guard led until the closing stages while Best Force came from well back. Both look like they have eventual wins in them with Jangsan Guard the most likely to score here. (1) WONDERFUL DEVIL is out of a half-sister to American star Game On Dude and did improve on her second start last time out. She has settled back in the field both times but from the inside may be ridden a bit further forward a bit earlier today. (14) TELOS was a decent 3rd last time from the same gate he draws today and could be an interesting each-way option.
|Selections||(10) Smart Officer (5) Jangsan Guard (1) Wonderful Devil (7) Best Force|
|Next Best||14, 11|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6, 9|
Busan Race 2: Class 6 (1400M) Allowance / KRW 22 Million
Having run 2nd on debut (5) UNJU SESANG was sent off as favourite for her second start on May 1st. However, despite leading for a time she ended up in 4th place, almost six-lengths off the winner. She should have come on for the experience and the company today looks a little bit more amenable so it would be no surprise to see her on pace again and this time staying on all the way. (3) KING BID will be disputing the early lead too. He comes in off his best finish to date when 2nd over 1300M on May 8th and the slight step up in trip can be to his benefit today. Finishing in 5th place that day was (13) SEOBU QUEEN. She has shown decent consistency across her five starts so far and her running style means the wide draw shouldn't be too much of an issue. She can go close here and possibly even overturn the form on King Bid. (2) FIGHT DREAM and (9) BOUNTY HUNTER are others with placing claims.
|Selections||(5) Unju Sesang (13) Seobu Queen (3) King Bid (9) Bounty Hunter|
|Next Best||2, 11|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 6, 11|
Seoul Race 3: Class 5 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 28 Million
(1) MORNING HILL is two for two having won both starts so far in fine fashion making all at 1000M and 1200M. He is up in both class and in distance today but has solid claims to maintain his 100% record having drawn very nicely on the inside. The main danger is just one gate wider. (2) FIGHTING NOW remains a maiden after nine attempts but has no fewer than four runner-up finishes including his latest when he came from back in the field to run on strong and beat four of today's rivals only missing out on the win by a nose. He does come up slightly in the weights but is sure to be in the finish again. (12) UNOECHANGCHEON has a super consistent record of never having been out of the top four from seven races to date. He was somewhat surprisingly beaten into 2nd place by (3) POTENTIAL ENERGY when they met in April and he can at least overturn that form today. (10) POWER DOLPUNG looks the best of a very competitive rest.
|Selections||(1) Morning Hill (2) Fighting Now (12) Unoechangcheon (10) Power Dolpung|
|Next Best||11, 9|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 5, 10|
Busan Race 3: Class 5 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 28 Million
Fillies and mares only. Jockey Djordje Perovic is just one winner short of reaching 300 successes in Korea and he has just the one opportunity to cross that milestone today. It comes in (1) GOLD LUCK for Peter Wolsley, whose stable seems to have hit form. Gold Luck is up in class after a maiden win at this distance last time out when she raced prominently before proving too strong in the closing stages. From a better draw today she can be on pace again and can win again. (6) MASTER QUEEN led all the way two starts back for a maiden win of her on before running 3rd on her first try at this class beating a few of these in the process. She has a great start on her and will surely lead again with solid claims to go all the way. (8) COLOR WIND was similarly a coast to coast winner two starts back. She ran a solid 6th on her first try at this level last time and can build on it today. (2) QUEEN VRONSKY can have a line drawn through her latest and given another chance while it's a similar story for (5) GOOD SOCKS who has talent and may be fitter for her last two runs.
|Selections||(1) Gold Luck (6) Master Queen (8) Color Wind (2) Queen Vronsky|
|Next Best||5, 13|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 6, 8|
Seoul Race 4: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 35 Million
(8) WILDLY ROMANTIC looks very hard to beat here. He won his first two, both at this class and distance and while he has come up short as favourite in his latest two, today's small field looks considerably softer and it's hard to see anything but a return to the winner's circle, probably leading all the way. He is the only previous winner in the race but (9) FINAL CANGINO has run 2nd and returns to action for the first time since last July. He looked well in winning an April trial and can aim for a place first up. Also with placing hopes ins (3) JANGSAN START, who can settle handy and has a good finish on him. (6) EAGLE EAGLE has recorded the fastest time for the distance of any of these and is another one with money hopes.
|Selections||(8) Wildly Romantic (9) Final Cangino (3) Jangsan Start (6) Eagle Eagle|
|Fast Start||5, 6, 8, 9|
Busan Race 4: Class 5 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 28 Million
(9) GREAT DANCE is going to be hot favourite to get his second career win here. He has been a model of consistency over his six starts so far and steps back in trip after an accomplished 3rd place over 1800M last time when he led until the final furlong. Tactically versatile, he won his race coming from midfield and but he will probably be on pace here and should have too much. (6) ADELE SMART has won two so three so far including a fine score last time over 1400M when he ran on very strong. He tackles the mile for the first time but he looks to have scope for more development and could spring a surprise here. Those two look head and shoulders above the rest although we will give (2) TEAM SKY a pass on her latest on a soaking wet track over 1400M. She has a good record at a mile and can aim for a place as can (5) DYNAMIC HUNTER.
|Selections||(9) Great Dance (6) Adele Smart (2) Team Sky (5) Dynamic Hunter|
|Next Best||4, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 6, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 5: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 35 Million
You'll struggle to find a race anywhere with such across the board poor form as this. All of which points to the solitary debut-maker (6) GANGTAEPUNG. The High Cotton gelding won his trial in a fair time on a sloppy track at the end of April and that's enough to give him solid credentials here. Speaking of trials, (5) EOMAMUSI hasn't raced since last November when his form was extremely cold. He looks to have benefited from the time out having run 2nd in a trial a couple of weeks ago on a fast time on a good track and he has claims today. (7) ACE CHAN may be better for dropping back in trip here. He has some positive performances in his record and there is no better opportunity than this for returning to some kind of form He has been prominent in his latest two at further distances than today's. We do need to find a fourth so we'll go with (4) PANORAMA QUEEN for no other reason than she likes to be on pace early and there's not much likely to come past.
|Selections||(6) Gangtaepung (7) Ace Chan (5) Eomamusi (4) Panorama Queen|
|Fast Start||4, 5, 6, 7|
Busan Race 5: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 35 Million
One of two debut-makers, (1) KING OF THE MATCH is the pick and likely favourite having won his latest trial in a fast time on a wet track two weeks ago. The jockey and trainer combination one is very attractive to punters and he has solid claims first-up. The other debut-maker looks promising too. (5) TIZ HEARTED ran 2nd in her trial to Deep Mind (an Oaks winner) and while she was well-beaten by that one, did enough to suggest that she can put on a competent performance today. As for the ones with prior experience, (6) ACHIM BIT comes in off back to back runner-up finishes and while they were at class 5 level, the competition here isn't significantly stronger and she looks nicely in again. Expect her to sit handy and run on. (4) QUEEN MARVEL IJI will be on or close to the pace. She has shown good consistency in recent outings and while she is yet to win in fourteen attempts, she has a good placing record and should go close. (12) SKITTER the best of the rest.
|Selections||(1) King Of The Match (6) Achim Bit (4) Queen Marvel Iji (5) Tiz Hearted|
|Next Best||12, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 4, 10, 11|
Seoul Race 6: Class 5 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 28 Million
Good race this for the level. (2) ALPHA DOK got his maiden win at start number seven over 1400M on April 18th. That win had been coming and he led all the way for a comfortably score. He comes up in class and in distance again but comes down slightly in weight, has a nice draw and could well go all the way again. The favourite will be (3) ACE HAMSEONG. He enters looking for his third-straight victory and certainly looked the part when winning well over class and distance on April 24th. His style is to come off the pace and if Ham Wan-sik can find a good position for him entering the straight, he may be hard to repel, even if he does carry and extra 2kg today. (9) FEDERAL EYE keeps on suffering near-misses but looks set to be there or thereabouts today on what is his first try around two turns. (4) BOMNALUI GIEOK and (6) REIGN are among others who should be involved in the finish.
|Selections||(2) Alpha Dok (3) Ace Hamseong (9) Federal Eye (6) Reign|
|Next Best||4, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 9, 12|
Busan Race 6: Class 3 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 42 Million
(2) HEAT YEGAM ended up as last year's champion juvenile and while he ran 2nd on his seasonal reappearance, he returned to winning ways over 1400M pm April 10th, leading all the way. He steps up to a mile for the first time – two months later than he would have had there been a Triple Crown season this year – and has a featherweight on his back as he is at class 3 level for the first time. He looks hard to beat. Clear standout 2nd is (6) ROCKY SKY, who has finished runner-up on each of his latest five outings. He's been back to trial since the most recent of those and naturally even finished 2nd in that too. He too tackles a mile for the first time and looks the biggest danger. (7) NEU DAT won the last time he ran at this distance and while he has mixed his form since has placing claims here. (8) RAPID GAME and (9) YEONGGWANGUI FIGHT are among others who can dispute the minor money.
|Selections||(2) Heat Yegam (6) Rocky Sky (7) Neu Dat (9) Yeonggwangui Fight|
|Next Best||8, 5|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 6, 9|
Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1700M) Allowance / KRW 35 Million
(8) MANSEOK JIGI has got the better of (1) JEONGMUN SUMMIT the last two times they have met over 1800M and 1700M respectively. They have contrasting styles with Manseok Jigi going best from the front and Jeongmun Summit going back and then running on. They come in at level weights today but Jeongmun Summit draws better than he did last time and While Manseok Jigi will be favourite, we'll go with him to overturn the form. If you fancy them both the be beaten, then (7) EAGLE EYE could be the one. She's been getting progressively closer in three starts this preparation and could well be peaking today. With a 3kg advantage over the favourites, it's not impossible to imagine her beating them both. Then there is (6) CHOEGANG PARTY. He ran on strong for 3rd over 1400M last start suggesting he could be ready for another attempt at a distance over which he has posted some decent results at lower levels. (10) GEUMA SUPREME the best of a competitive rest.
|Selections||(1) Jeongmun Summit (7) Eagle Eye (8) Manseok Jigi (6) Choegang Party|
|Next Best||10, 5|
|Fast Start||7, 8, 9, 11|
Seoul Race 8: Class 3 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 42 Million
(8) GOOD PILSEUNG is seeking three wins in a row and made all to score over this distance on April 24th. He comes up in class today but down in the weights and looks very nicely in to successfully complete his hat-trick here. (7) CUPID MISSION comes in off back to back 3rd place finishes, both of them at this class and distance. He'll be on or close to the pace here and should be in the finish once again. (4) ECHO BILL drops back in trip after recent good showings over 1800M. He too will most likely look to get forward early and has every chance of placing again. (2) SHARK JJANG came from well back to run an improved 3rd place last start a month ago and he looks a clear best of the rest with (1) MATCH CAPTAIN another capable of competing for the minor money.
|Selections||(8) Good Pilseung (7) Cupid Mission (4) Echo Bill (2) Shark Jjang|
|Next Best||1, 3|
|Fast Start||4, 7, 8, 9|