News Search International - UK Ire And Europe
Search the Racing and Sports News Archives:
Type atleast three letters to find.
- Sat, Nov 16, 2019Boyne Hurdle still a possibility for Aintree victor in February.
- Mon, Nov 11, 2019Bolger chaser sees off A Plus Tard from the front at Navan.
- Mon, Nov 04, 2019O’Brien becomes youngest trainer to saddle a Breeders’ Cup winner.
- Sun, Nov 03, 2019Winner could join stablemate Bristol De Mai in Betfair Chase.
- Sun, Nov 03, 2019We might give Paisley Park a run for his money’.
- Fri, Nov 01, 2019‘Frankie is the best man to have on board’.
- Wed, Oct 30, 2019Filly is already a Group One winner
- Tue, Oct 29, 2019Italian all set again – 25 years on from Barathea.
- Tue, Oct 29, 2019Wichita is a notable addition to the potential Ballydoyle team.
- Thu, Oct 24, 2019Stablemate Al Raya also due to contest Juvenile Turf Sprint.
- Tue, Oct 22, 2019Champions Sprint winner retires on a high.
- Tue, Oct 22, 2019Middleham trainer moves on to 235 for 2019.
- Sun, Oct 20, 2019Star Catcher justified her place as 7/4 favourite for the £550,000 G1 QIPCO British Champions Fillies & Mares Stakes with a gritty victory.
- Sun, Oct 20, 2019In a perfect world it would have happened on Enable at Longchamp 13 days earlier, but Frankie Dettori did not have long to wait for his 250th Group 1 winner
- Fri, Oct 18, 2019Japanese challenger Deirdre will bring her four-race European adventure to a close in the Qipco Champion Stakes on Saturday with those closest to her confident she remains in prime condition to resume her rivalry with Magical.
- Wed, Oct 16, 2019Third Arc win a possible target
- Tue, Oct 15, 2019But testing ground a concern for Godolphin runner
- Thu, Oct 10, 2019Irish trainer Jessica Harrington will bid to land a third juvenile fillies Group 1 victory in the space of a fortnight when she saddles Cayenne Pepper in the bet365 Fillies’ Mile at Newmarket’s Rowley Mile Racecourse on Friday (11th October).
- Tue, Oct 08, 2019Trainer Clive Cox is happy to take on the unbeaten Godolphin colt, Pinatubo, for a second time with his own star two-year-old, Positive, in the Group 1 Darley Dewhurst Stakes at Newmarket’s Rowley Mile Racecourse on Saturday (12th October).
- Tue, Oct 08, 2019A stunning bronze sculpture of legendary jockey Lester Piggott is to be unveiled at Newmarket’s Rowley Mile racecourse prior to racing on Saturday, 12th October, the second day of the Dubai Future Champions Festival.
- Tue, Oct 08, 2019Some six and a half hours after Europe's best female finished second in the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, America's newest 'Queen of the Turf' remained on her throne as she added to a brilliant legacy.
- Mon, Oct 07, 2019Big-race triumph for Kevin Ryan and Tom Eaves
- Mon, Oct 07, 2019Waldgeist came with a late run under Pierre-Charles Boudot to deny Enable a historic third victory in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe.
- Fri, Oct 04, 2019Reigning champion Laurens heads a fabulous field of nine runners, including the last two QIPCO 1000 Guineas heroines
- Thu, Oct 03, 2019The Japanese are flying high in the Rugby World Cup and there was another scrum in Newmarket on Thursday morning when the media got a glimpse of their two Arc hopes, Fierement and Blast Onepiece.
- Wed, Oct 02, 2019The Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe is the late-season focal point in Europe.
- Wed, Oct 02, 2019William Buick is confident brilliant Baden-Baden winner Ghaiyyath has both the class and the versatility to produce a bold show in Sunday's Longchamp showpiece.
- Mon, Sep 30, 2019Joseph O’Brien’s filly takes Curragh Group Three
- Thu, Sep 26, 2019Local trainer Roger Varian holds a strong hand with one third of the nine-runner field in the £100,000 Shadwell Rockfel Stakes.
- Mon, Sep 23, 2019Leger runner-up set for a break first
- Thu, Sep 19, 2019Deirdre could yet bid to become Japan's first winner of the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at the start of next month with connections not ruling out a supplementary entry for Saturday's unlucky Irish Champions Stakes fourth.
- Wed, Sep 18, 2019Stablemates have both earned a crack
- Tue, Sep 17, 2019Mark Johnston, who saddled the second and third in Saturday's William Hill St Leger, was just denied Grade 1 success at Woodbine on Sunday after Walk In Marrakesh lost out by a nose to Abscond in the Natalma Stakes.
- Mon, Sep 16, 2019Pinatubo produced a scintillating performance up there with the most exalted and jaw-dropping juvenile demolitions to pulverise his Goffs Vincent O’Brien National Stakes opposition by nine majestic lengths.
- Sat, Sep 14, 2019Breeders’ Cup next for Crisford-trained youngster
- Fri, Sep 13, 2019Ascot and York winners clash
- Thu, Sep 12, 2019Jockey admits decision has been ‘brewing for a while’
- Wed, Sep 11, 2019Melbourne Cup winner Cross Counter must overcome a tough penalty if he is to retain his crown at Flemington on November 5 after the weights were released on Tuesday.
- Wed, Sep 11, 2019Charlie Hills has reported Khaadem is suffering from soreness in a foot after running well below expectations in Saturday's Betfair Sprint Cup at Haydock.
- Tue, Sep 10, 2019Gosden: He has come a long way in a short time
- Sun, Sep 08, 2019Kevin Ryan was rewarded for playing the waiting game with Hello Youmzain after the fast-improving sprinter enhanced the excellent recent record of three-year-olds with a dominant display in the Betfair Sprint Cup.
- Sun, Sep 08, 2019There is something of a gladiatorial element to a highly-charged Prix du Moulin, with two of Ireland's best milers clashing in the amphitheatre that is Longchamp.
- Fri, Sep 06, 2019Bahrain Trophy winner Spanish Mission is set for a first start in the US on Saturday in the $1 million Jockey Club Derby Invitational Stakes at Belmont Park.
- Wed, Sep 04, 2019A plethora of stars are due to contest next week’s charity race
- Mon, Sep 02, 2019The Charlie Appleby-trained Ghaiyyath has been shortened to 16-1 (from 33) with Bet365 and Boylesports for the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe following a dominant victory in the Group 1 Grosser Preis von Baden, Germany's most prestigious race.
- Mon, Sep 02, 2019The chances of a clash between last season's two top chasers received a major boost on Sunday when Paul Nicholls committed his stable star Cyrname to a head-to-head with the mighty Altior at Ascot on November 23.
- Mon, Sep 02, 2019Classic tilt possible at either Doncaster or the Curragh
- Sun, Sep 01, 2019Yard claims a one-two in Listed feature
- Sun, Sep 01, 2019Favourite beats Kameko by a nose in Sandown highlight
- Wed, Aug 28, 2019Dual winner ‘might be a bit special’
- Wed, Aug 28, 2019Debutante Stakes winner ready to step up to a mile
- Tue, Aug 27, 2019Group One winner got the better of Laurens as a two-year-old
- Mon, Aug 26, 2019Fairy Bridge Stakes a possibility for Group One winner
- Sat, Aug 24, 2019Weatherbys Hamilton bonus for Gosden’s staying king
- Fri, Aug 23, 2019Progressive filly ‘definitely in Group company next’