Race 1 – 1:20PM MICROPHONE @ DARLEY HANDICAP (1250 METRES)
5. Tavi L'Amour is a big watch on debut with James McDonald riding, she's shown more than enough in her two trials to suggest she has some ability and she handled a soft 6 pretty well in the latest. Drawn nicely, if there's any support it would be worth following.
Dangers: 6. Zentime pulled up lame after her debut in the Widden Stakes back in January so forgive that. She's trialled twice and wouldn't surprise to see her take up the running here and give a good sight. 2. Miss In Charge railed up nicely and kept coming once she checked across heels in third behind Verne at Warwick Farm. That form is obviously sound, yet to see her on a heavy track but assuming she handles it she's a big chance. 3. Santorini Sun had some support at odds and hit the line strongly late on debut from well back a month ago. Checked near the line too so the margin may have been narrower. Definite chance.
How to play it: Tavi L'Amour WIN ($5.00 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 2 – 2.00PM VINERY STUD HANDICAP (1250 METRES)
6. Minsk Moment looked very good winning his first trial this time in by a widening margin then was worked on a bit in his second trial finishing third on Friday. Both were on wet tracks, has gate one here and gets every chance to make a winning debut.
Dangers: 2. Confiscate is also fitter for two trials and the latest of those was a handy second on the synthetic at Warwick Farm where he closed off on the fence. Seemed to handle a soft 7 okay in his first trial. Keep safe. 7. Sword Point looked under a hold running a close second in a trial on June 4 then two weeks later finished fifth in the same heat as stablemate Minsk Moment. Barrier draw might be the negative for him but well worth respecting. 5. Insurgence has had five trials dating back to September. Was pushed along a bit in the latest over 1045m but did look okay on the line. One to watch for the future.
How to play it: Minsk Moment WIN ($2.50 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: EVENS.
Race 3 – 2:35PM BOWERMANS OFFICE FURNITURE HANDICAP (1250 METRES)
1. Barrichello looks ready to win after a game effort when a close third here two weeks ago. Made a long run and hit the lead a fair way out only to be reeled in late. Was a month between runs and back against three-year-olds he drops 2kg. Entitled to go close.
Dangers: 3. Electric seemed to have his chance on debut at Warwick Farm as he tracked the lead but didn't dash in finishing third behind Savoir Faire. No doubt he'll be fitter, strikes a heavy track and has a tricky draw but looks the danger if he gets even luck. 8. Vanilla Sky started odds-on at his debut at Newcastle back in March and was softened up a bit in the lead before fading into third. Recent trial was quite handy. She could find the front here and if left alone might be hard to catch. 6. I'm Gunna Cashew is ready to win a provincial maiden judging on her two even efforts at Newcastle. Blinkers come off and draws one, not seen a wet track yet, and could be placed.
How to play it: Barrichello WIN ($2.40 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: ODDS.
Race 4 – 3.10PM XXXX HANDICAP (1900 METRES)
1. Onemore Sapphire found himself a long way back here two weeks ago but worked through the field for a close second to Rules Don't Apply at this trip. Certainly no harder task and if he can hold a slightly closer spot he only has to repeat the effort to take beating.
Dangers: 2. Kutayha is consistent without winning this time in and is on the back up from his handy third behind No Compromise at Rosehill on Saturday. He was safely held in that position and rises 4kg off a wide gate but expect he'll be around the money. Capable of winning if the breaks go his way. 7. Roseirro produced a big finish to win at Nowra three starts back on a soft 7, two city runs since then have had some merit and was on the inside section at Kensington last Wednesday when a close fourth. Each-way hopes. 3. Canyonero gets back and runs on and he responded to some hard riding to attack the line strongly late into third, getting very close to second, at 1550m two weeks ago. Could easily run into another placing.
How to play it: Onemore Sapphire WIN ($3.80 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 5 – 3:45PM CHINA HORSE CLUB HANDICAP (1200 METRES)
6. Miss Fox found herself a long way off them second-up but liked the way she responded running into second behind Irish Angel, who has confirmed the form since. Drops 2kg and if she can take advantage of a likely lack of pressure and be closer she has a good chance.
Dangers: 9. Eight Diamonds broke through for her first win when resuming at this track back in January, ran a fair race behind Harmony Rose second-up then no match at G1 level as a rank outsider. She trialled nicely on the synthetic and is sure to run well. Never seen a wet track though. 8. Assault'n'Bathory missed the start and did a heap of work to find the front here first-up and only faded in the last 100m beaten less than two lengths. Likely leader if he jumps this time and should get some favours on pace. Sharp improver. 4. Ranges finished midfield in a similar race here two starts ago but the visor went on and he was far too strong at Muswellbrook. Handles the wet, draws to be a little closer and he can be competitive. Read trainer Peter Snowden's comments here.
How to play it: Miss Fox WIN ($4.60 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 6 – 4:20PM TAB HANDICAP (1550 METRES)
4. O'Mudgee has found a very winnable race coming back in class from an even effort behind Cisco Bay at Randwick. Two starts back he settled back and wide and ran on okay. Draws to be in the first four here and if that's the case he will be hard to beat.
Dangers: 5. Yukon dropped right out after racing wide first-up at Randwick behind Dream Circle and will find this a bit easier from gate one. Hasn't been exposed to a wet track so that is a query given it'll be quite testing ground but he's entitled to improve with a better set up. 8. Confessed had plenty of support and proved too strong scoring easily second-up at Newcastle in a Class 1. Looks an up and comer and while she has the wide gate to contend with she has a light weight and it wouldn't surprise to see her measure up. 3. Altimeter looked quite good winning easily at Kembla on a soft 7 then never in the hunt behind Great House. Comes back a notch in grade and finds another wet track. Each-way hopes.
How to play it: O'Mudgee E/W ($6.50 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.