The easing of these restrictions will allow all horses currently located in Victoria to be transported into NSW, subject to the Racing NSW Policy for the Transportation of Horses from Victoria with horses now only required to spend three hours in an outside yard or paddock at a spelling property or pre-training property before being transported to a racecourse or licensed stables.
The following requirements of the policy continue to include:
- Cleansing of transport vehicles prior to travelling into NSW.
- Use of one transport driver.
- Application being made to and approval provided by Racing NSW Stewards prior to transportation.
- Horses to be transported to a spelling property or pre-training property that is not located on a NSW racecourse and horse must not be transported directly to a NSW racecourse or licensed stables and must remain on the spelling property or pre-training property for a minimum of 3 hours in an outside yard or paddock prior to being transported to a racecourse or licensed stable.
- All personnel undertake social distancing when loading and unloading horses
- Ensuring all gear used to transport the horses to be returned to the transport vehicle once the horse has been unloaded.
- Declaration of person at NSW property that receives horses confirming compliance with Racing NSW Policy for the Transportation of Horses from Victoria.