Race 1 – 12:45PM VINERY STUD HANDICAP (1200 METRES)
7. Morioka has shaped up well in both starts, running on from near the back into third. Trialled again after her placing here two weeks ago, seems to handle all conditions and should be hard to hold out.
Dangers: 5. Headliner chased Stay Inside home on debut at Randwick then beaten seven lengths by the Slipper winner in the Pierro Plate on a soft 7 where she didn't look comfortable. That's the only concern if the track gets affected, otherwise she has the right formlines to win. 8. Socialist had support and just failed behind Xtremetime, with Morioka third, here second-up at her first run on a good track. Solid enough in the wet fresh, with any luck from the barrier is one of the main chances. 3. Diamond Falls is worth keeping safe on debut on the back of quite a nice trial win at Gosford a month ago. In good hands and drawn well so if there's any support it could be significant.
How to play it: Morioka WIN ($3.50 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: ODDS.
Race 2 – 1.20PM DARLEY 2021 ROSTER HANDICAP (1200 METRES)
10. Overmann has always trialled like a smart horse and gets to show it here after an eye-catching first-up fourth two weeks ago where he settled well back in an on pace dominated race and charged to be beaten two lengths. Expect him to be closer here and harder to stop.
Dangers: 6. Cape Breton shares his name with a Group 3 winning stayer of just over a decade ago. This fellow is on debut for Chris Waller and there was plenty to like about his latest trial a week ago where he lengthened nicely into second in a 900m heat. Respect. 3. Astrologer was tried in some good races in his first prep and wasn't disgraced. Had his chance to run down Cork Harbour here first-up but stayed on. Fitter and capable of being in the finish again. 5. Best Side has led and been run down in both starts this time in. Latest behind Aslav at Hawkesbury three weeks ago, form hasn't held up from that race as yet and while he has blinkers and gate one probably only a place chance.
How to play it: Overmann WIN ($3.30 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: EVENS.
Race 3 – 1:55PM DAVALI THOROUGHBREDS HANDICAP (1250 METRES)
3. Pascal is an interesting first starter in a very winnable race. Trialled well back in January on soft ground then nice effort at Rosehill last week running into third in a 900m heat. Drawn a bit sticky but if there's support he might be the one.
Dangers: 2. Magic Ruler has been gelded since his two starts in February where he managed a second at Newcastle in the best of them. Comes through the same trial as Pascal, finishing half a length ahead, and is a logical danger. 4. Supreme Challenger has been even in both starts at Newcastle for a pair of third placings but is a possible improver here. Draws well and has Nash Rawiller taking over so worth another look. 1. Barrichello is a bit of a market watch on debut from the Waller stable after a couple of trials on the synthetic at Warwick Farm in April. They're hard to read at the best of times and he didn't exactly stand out.
How to play it: Pascal WIN ($3.90 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 4 – 2.35PM RANVET HANDICAP (1100 METRES)
4. Quiet Riot doesn't appear to want it too wet, though he's been beaten less than two lengths both times on soft ground, but he looks a different horse in the blinkers based on his dominant recent trial win. Had his chance last time but the form has held up and he should run well.
Dangers: 8. Zelify improved sharply on her first-up flop at Gosford to win at Kembla, digging in when challenged to score well. She's a bit hit and miss with two wins and no placings from seven starts but is worth thought. 1. Kookabaa won a similar race to this back in August last year and wasn't disgraced second-up beaten half a length here two weeks ago. No surprise if he's right in the finish. 3. Shadow Bridge disappointed as favourite at Hawkesbury last start, close up on a heavy at Kensington prior and if he gets control could take running down.
How to play it: Quiet Riot WIN ($2.80 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 5 – 3:10PM TAB HANDICAP (1250 METRES)
6. Lennon is going to be a big improver on what was a nice hidden run first-up at 1100m. Lost touch on the turn then finished better than anything to be beaten 2.5 lengths. Extra trip a plus, draws better and can sit closer as he did winning second-up last prep beating Exoboom.
Dangers: 3. Bethencourt was reported to have jarred up after failing as favourite at Kensington back in October so happy to forgive that. Both recent trials have been handy, sting out of the ground should assist and he's shown promise. Respect. 4. Crosscheck has a win over Great News against her name before a spell and she's changed stables to Gary Moore. Both trials have been quiet so betting might be a guide. Handles all conditions so could run a nice race fresh. 8. Sahra ran on from last into third when resuming at Gosford in an even enough return. Likes a wet track so keep an eye on conditions, draws kinder and drops 3.5kg.
How to play it: Lennon WIN ($5.00 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 6 – 3:50PM XXXX HANDICAP (1900 METRES)
2. Raptures won at double figure odds last time at Newcastle but this doesn't look any harder. Found a good spot from a tricky gate there and finished too well, up 2kg for it but drawn ideally and a soft track shouldn't worry. Can run well in a wide open race.
Dangers: 4. My Delight comes through the same race as Raptures where she ran fourth as favourite after settling near the tail. Finished strongly to win a maiden here a month ago at her second start and is in the mix. 10. Savagery also contested the Newcastle event and ran an even fifth second-up from a spell. My Delight did run past him but otherwise he held his ground. Expect he'll be better for it and is a likely improver. 16. Arabolini has struck form at his past couple at Gosford and Newcastle racing on the speed and boxing on well. All wins have been on wet ground so if he gets those conditions he could give cheek again.
How to play it: Raptures E/W ($5.00 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: EVENS.
Race 7 – 4:25PM THE AGENCY REAL ESTATE HANDICAP (1550 METRES)
9. Media Starguest is racing consistently and finds a similar task to his last start second at this track two weeks ago. The winner of that race has since run well. Can land handy in his races and best effort this prep was on soft ground so an extra tick if the going suits.
Dangers: 12. Rules Don't Apply improved sharply second-up, as her form suggests she does, to score an upset win over this course two weeks ago. Handles all conditions and has to be considered. 3. Gemmahra was very tough winning a Provincial Qualifier at Hawkesbury then five weeks between runs into the Final and she wasn't effective. Rarely runs a bad one so have to forgive that effort. 5. Kutayha raced consistently last preparation extending out to 2400m before a spell. Trip suits fresh and gets an economical run from the inside. Keep in mind.
How to play it: Media Starguest E/W ($4.80 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.