Race 1 – 12:45PM SNEDDON BROS HANDICAP (1100 METRES)
3. Selhurst Park probably finds the lead here with blinkers on first time and doesn't need to improve a lot on his two second placings this time in to go one better. Chased all the way over this course two weeks ago and held on well. Hard to beat.
Dangers: 6. Forzanini has been close up in two runs back and didn't have any luck racing wide at Canterbury last time out. Forgive that. Will need some early breaks from the barrier again but is well worth another chance. 4. Day Performer raced on speed at big odds at Nowra and boxed on well then fair effort behind Jenga at Warwick Farm, both back in the summer. No public trials so keep an eye on betting for a push. 5. Just A Tiff is one of two first starters for Joe Pride, both hard to get a line on from their trials. Again, betting might be of some assistance.
How to play it: Selhurst Park WIN ($2.20 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.Race 2 – 1.20PM CENTRAL COAST GRANITE HANDICAP (1000 METRES)
5. Duchess isn't far off a win and comes back in trip after fading late when fourth at Kembla on a heavy track. Game in defeat at Wyong prior to that, has the inside alley and shouldn't be far away. Good chance to break through.
Dangers: 4. Star Cherie had excuses for her first-up effort at Kensington, she raced wide on the speed all the way and couldn't sustain it. Chance to lead from gate four and she did lead all the way on debut over this course. Go well. 7. Windsweep wasn't disgraced when resuming at this track two weeks ago finishing not far off the placegetters. Overall form is mixed but on her best efforts she's in the mix here and can only be fitter. 1. That's Better led and knocked up in the same race when finishing sixth. Expect he'll push forward again here from the outside and is capable of improving given he was quite consistent last time in.
How to play it: Duchess WIN ($4.00 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.Race 3 – 1:55PM EVE SECURITY SERVICES PLATE (1200 METRES)
10. Toguchi is a nine start maiden who has found a very winnable race and comes into it in good form with a heavy track placing at Taree and a close second over this course two weeks ago. Should be in the finish somewhere.
Dangers: 6. Significant Rule started $7.50 at his debut at Goulburn back in March last year and was run down late after leading. A couple of recent trials have been fair in town and strikes a wet track off such a long break. Has gate one so will likely look to lead. Watch betting but has to be hard to beat. 2. Gold Invest was taken back at the start from a wide gate on debut and didn't make an impact in the same race as Toguchi. Interesting to see if they go forward this time but could be an improver either way. 4. Mister Ripley has had a few chances but fitter for one runs back at 1000m and will appreciate the extra ground. Could find himself in the placings.
How to play it: Toguchi WIN ($2.80 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: EVENS.Race 4 – 2.35PM GOSFORD IT HANDICAP (1900 METRES)
6. Madam Charm should find the front here as she did at Kembla over a mile last start and if that's the case she'll be hard to run down. Both recent wins have been on wet tracks and the extra trip doesn't look to be any worry.
Dangers: 2. Commander Bell bounced back to form with a strong win at Newcastle over a similar trip coming off a month between runs. Handles all conditions and if he can put two good runs together is a big chance. 4. Deepwood Vale is usually around the mark but has found it a bit hard to win in this class so far. Good effort at Newcastle two runs back, a bit plain at Hawkesbury when a drifting favourite. Blinkers go on so maybe worth another chance. 8. Dundee might be finding some form with an improved third behind Commander Bell at his third run back from a break. Reaching his distance range now so is not out of it.
How to play it: Madam Charm WIN ($2.00 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: EVENS.Race 5 – 3:10PM TANTI FINANCIAL SERVICES HANDICAP (2600 METRES)
2. Do This All Day is a lightly raced stayer who looks to have some promise and he was strong through the line when winning over 2100m here last time out. Based on that the extra 500m should be within his reach and he's a big chance. Read trainer Clare Cunningham's comments here.
Dangers: 1. Continuation can be a bit hit and miss but he was far too strong at Coffs Harbour on a heavy track last start and he's yet to miss a place in five starts at Gosford. The distance won't be a worry for him and he'll be thereabouts again. 3. Insider Trader is racing well and is another who you can say will run out the trip without any issues. Strong winner at Newcastle over 2350m then solid at Muswellbrook over a similar trip. Right in it. 6. Zoomerango was in the market and made some ground without threatening behind Do This All Day last start. Should be at his peak now and could run into the placings at least.
How to play it: Do This All Day WIN ($3.60 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.Race 6 – 3:45PM SIGNARAMA ERINA/GOSFORD HANDICAP (1100 METRES)
6. Finally Realise comes off an overdue maiden win at Nowra where he controlled the race on the speed and revelled in the going to scoot away late. This is a step up but he should find a good spot in or near the lead and take some catching.
Dangers: 1. Go For Gold drew wide and raced wide when resuming at Gosford two weeks ago and no real surprise to see him drop off late. Fitter for that and from a kinder draw he can improve sharply. 7. Skyray is one of those horses that can show up at any time and he does have a reasonable first-up record plus us competent enough on wet tracks. Each-way but wouldn't shock if he goes close. 4. Riccardo has been ordinary at his last couple but gave a good sight three back behind Adelaide's Light at Newcastle and is a heavy track winner.
How to play it: Finally Realise WIN ($2.70 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.Race 7 – 4:20PM TAPERELL RUTLEDGE SOLICITORS HANDICAP (1100 METRES)
2. Embeller has drawn to find a nice run just off the pace and aside from her Warwick Farm unplaced effort, in a leader dominated race, her form is consistent. Had support when a closing second here two weeks ago and if she holds that form she will feature prominently.
Dangers: 9. Makana could be the best roughie of the day. Relishes wet tracks and hasn't been far away at her last couple at Tamworth and Port Macquarie. Drops 5kg on those runs and is worth including. 4. Miss Jay Fox tried hard when runner-up at Kembla Grange two starts ago then on speed and faded late at Canterbury in a much stronger event. Should bounce somewhere near the lead and on previous efforts is in the mix. 1. Ready To Soar was a drifter in betting first-up and was far from disgraced in the same race as Embeller finishing fourth. Fitter for that and is a heavy track winner here so has to be respected.
How to play it: Embeller WIN ($3.20 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.