|Race 1 - 1:20PM DARREN FLINDELL BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (2000 METRES)|
4. Enduring Night generally needs things to go her way to win but a wet track and some solid recent city form is a good recommendation for her chances. Chased Solar Apex two back then ran on late at Rosehill. Capable of winning this.
Dangers: 2. The Guru is close to another win with second placings at Hawkesabury and Warwick Farm recently. Trained here and a wet track is no issue for him. Good chance. 3. Phelan Thirsty wasn't far behind The Guru at Warwick Farm and was a winner three runs back on a soft 6 over 2000m. Should be around the mark again. 5. Kypreos has been a little disappointing at his last couple but does handle a wet track okay and if he found his best he could be in the finish.
How to play it: Enduring Night WIN ($3.30 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: EVENS.
|Race 2 - 1:55PM MATT JACKSON CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1600 METRES)|
1. Poseidon Ruler is a consistent type and very much at home on a wet track. He was seven weeks between runs when narrowly beaten at Muswellbrook last time, fitter now and expecting him to be competitive.
Dangers: 2. Lease broke through with a strong win second-up then not disgraced up to midweek city level behind Ma And Pa who is flying. Both soft track runs have been in town and he has run well. Definite chance. 6. Festival Dancer was well supported and didn't let anyone down with an all the way maiden win at Goulburn (country meeting) on a soft 7. Starting to hit her straps and could go on with it. 3. Coppersonic is lightly raced and also coming off a maiden win, defying a betting drift to score at Hawkesbury. Small query on a very wet track but worth including.
How to play it: Poseidon Ruler E/W ($6.00 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
|Race 3 - 2:35PM ANTHONY MANTON 3YO MAIDEN HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
4. Russian Standard has been freshened up since his last run at Hawkesbury and looked the part with an easy trial win last week. Big run here first-up and if he can step away with them he will have every chance to win.
Dangers: 7. Savourer showed improvement into her second trial to win nicely at Rosehill a couple of weeks ago. If she handles the ground she should run well on debut. 6. Sachello made her debut in a Listed race back in May and showed speed before weakening. Won two trials and bears close watching fresh. 9. Tillotson was a drifter in betting first-up and held on okay for third at Hawkesbury a few weeks back. No wet form but fitter and is in the mix.
How to play it: Russian Standard WIN ($2.25 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
|Race 4 - 3:10PM LUKE MARLOW 4YO & UP MAIDEN PLATE (1200 METRES)|
6. Grand Palazzo is an 11 start maiden but she has been very consistent on the whole and comes into this third-up after two excellent efforts. Finished strongly at Moruya last time on a soft 7 and has another chance here. Read co-trainer Luke Price's comments here.
Dangers: 10. Unyielding Spirit wasn't beaten far at her only start back in April and is a recent trial winner on her home track. Wide gate probably sees her go back but have to respect the stable. 8. Miss Connie is on debut and won a trial a month ago at Randwick in good order. Have to take on trust on a wet track but if there's any support it'd be worth noting. 3. Send Me A Legend is another first starter who is trialling well enough to suggest a handy performance could be coming first-up. Nicely bred and pay to keep safe.
How to play it: Grand Palazzo WIN ($3.80 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: EVENS.
|Race 5 - 3:50PM JOSH FLEMING F&M BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
1. Nothinsweetaboutme won her first two starts in good style including on a soft 7 then thrown into stakes company and didn't disgrace. Trialled a couple of times and no surprise if she runs a cheeky race fresh.
Dangers: 3. Sweet Ruby showed ability in her first preparation earlier this year before beaten three lengths in a Listed race in May. No public trials but handles a wet track so is one to keep an eye on. 8. Paper Daisy has been freshened up since a midfield finish and a handy effort here back in early August. Can't get a big guide on a synthetic trial but any support would be significant. 5. Blazing Line was a popular winner first-up at Nowra on a good track at her second race start. Hard to know how she would handle a soft 7/heavy 8 sort of track but has the upside.
How to play it: Nothinsweetaboutme E/W ($5.00 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: ODDS.
|Race 6 - 4:25PM KEVIN THOMPSON CG&E BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
2. Born A Warrior has his first run for Ron Quinton and while he's only won one in 17 he is rarely far away, handles a wet track and has been racing in better company. Two trials have been sound behind Eduardo and Splintex and should be hard to beat.
Dangers: 3. Conrad hasn't raced since a first-up win at Hawkesbury in August in a handy enough form race. No public trials and bar plates on so keep an eye on betting but he has a slot in the Four Pillars and has the talent if all is well. 9. Ka Bling bumped into a smart one on debut and ran well then too strong at Wyong on a soft 6 in a maiden. On the up and worth considering. 1. Gunnamatta had some good wet track form as a two-year-old and hasn't raced since a close up fifth here in January. Another with the ability to feature if right and has to be kept on the safe side.
How to play it: Born A Warrior WIN ($4.80 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
|Race 7 - 5:05PM MATTHEW HILL MAIDEN HANDICAP (1500 METRES)|
2. Stray is yet to be placed in five starts but she's taken on the likes of Paulele, Profondo, Never Been Kissed and company and was only beaten five lengths in Group 1 company last start. If she gets through the wet ground she should go close.
Dangers: 1. Greater Harlem has promised a bit and ran an improved race when third at Warwick Farm last time. Wide gate and wet track are queries but this is his easiest task in a while. 6. Sempriente hasn't done a lot wrong in two starts back for a pair of Newcastle placings. Untried in the wet if he lines up it's a sign the stable believe he will handle it. 3. Vyner was placed on a heavy track on debut at Hawkesbury but he's been a bit disappointing in two subsequent starts. Back a notch here so improvement wouldn't surprise.
How to play it: Stray WIN ($2.30 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
|Race 8 - 5:40PM MITCH MANNERS BENCHMARK 64 HANDICAP (1400 METRES)|
6. Readathon is a handy enough middle distance galloper resuming and he should be competitive at this trip fresh on a wet track. Liked both his recent trials and while he doesn't win out of turn is a good each-way chance.
Dangers: 5. Buba is racing consistently without winning and both wins have come on heavy tracks so she deserves respect. Ran on at Wyong last time about six weeks ago. Keep in mind. 13. Alqaab finally posted his second win at start 29 when he scored narrowly on a heavy track at Moruya. Up in class here but handles a wet track well and could easily be placed at odds. 4. All Machiavellian was outclassed in the Gloaming Stakes but his form before that was encouraging with successive win at Newcastle and Goulburn (provincial). Well worth another chance.
How to play it: Readathon E/W ($13 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.