|Race 1 - 12:40PM COWRA FREIGHT MAIDEN PLATE (1375 METRES)|
This is by far the easiest race 12. Rivabrook has ever contested. Having contested four deep races for Kris Lees she found herself with Con Karakatsanis this preparation, and she did more than enough first up over 1200m at Newcastle to recommend her in this.
Dangers: 2. Call Me Smurph has worked to the line okay in his two career runs and out to 1375 now looks to suit. The extra trip could also see sharp improvement from 11. Robingurra. They are both knockout hopes.
How to play it: Rivabrook WIN ($2.25 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 2 - 1:15PM COWRA MOTORS DR GEOFF SPRIGGE MEMORIAL CLASS 3 HANDICAP (1375 METRES)|
1. The Drover has been teasing punters for a while now but he continues to race well and gets the blinkers on now fourth up. Can use the low draw to park up in the first couple and he can only well again.
Dangers: The market might be the best guide for 2. Wunambal . The speedy gelding has lost his way hence the stable change but he showed good talent as a two-year-old. 5. Dissenter profiles well too.
How to play it: The Drover WIN ($2.70 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 3 - 1:50PM AUSTRALIAN HOTEL MAIDEN HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
8. Gabrielle produced the best run of her career first up at Gilgandra two weeks ago. The winner there Obey has since franked the form with a narrow second in a Class 1. Gabrielle will press forward from the good draw and give a sight.
Dangers: 2. Possibly So found the line strongly on debut at Bathurst. Steps out slightly in trip which suits and will be better for the outing. There is a long tail to this race and he has more upside than most.
How to play it: Gabrielle EACH WAY ($6 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 4 - 2:25PM RAILWAY HOTEL MAIDEN PLATE (950 METRES)|
Matthew Cahill won't waste the inside draw with 1. Tiff's Finale, pushing up into a handy position over 950m. She has run three placings in her past five outings and sets up well to break her maiden for in form trainer Scott Collings at start number seven.
Dangers: 2. Padrone was disqualified two starts ago at Gilgandra so is still eligible for maiden grade. 6. Life Well Lived kept finding the line at Dubbo ion debut back in June well enough to suggest he can knock off a maiden.
How to play it: Tiff's Finale WIN ($6 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: SPLIT
|Race 5 - 3:00PM JAMIESONS JOINERY AND BUILDING CENTRE BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (950 METRES)|
6. Angie Emm ran in a deep race at Dubbo first up before running second to Royal Exit at Scone. Last start she got the job done at Wellington when an $1.70 favourite. Maps to settle in the first couple and give herself every chance.
Dangers: 4. Expect A Hero resumes having hit a real purple patch of form at the back end of last campaign. He's a short course specialist. Has found a winnable race to resume in.
How to play it: Angie Emm WIN ($5 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: EVENS
|Race 6 - 3:40PM COWRA BOWLING CLUB BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
5. Valarian has a fantastic record on his home track (5:2-1-2) and could improve sharply on what he did at Orange last start over 1000m. His form prior to that stacks up well in this and he should settle in front of a couple of his main threats.
Dangers: Where does 3. Important Product settle from the wide draw? That's the knock. He drops back from Highway company. 7. No Debt has hit the ground running for Brett Robb.
How to play it: Valarian EACH WAY ($18 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 7 - 4:16PM BREAKOUT RIVER COWRA JAPAN CUP (1200 METRES)|
1. Bombdiggity has returned as well as ever this campaign and from the low draw, expect him to give a sight. Forgive his last start third given he half missed the start. Still has to prove himself at 1200m but the short Cowra straight could see him get away with it.
Dangers: 3. Oriental Runner has run in town at his last three starts. He was well held by Bombdiggity at Goulburn prior to that but it was on a deteriorating Heavy 10 surface so mightn't be the best guide.
How to play it: Bombdiggity WIN ($3.60 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 8 - 4:51PM COWRA LAMB COWRA CUP (1700 METRES)|
5. Athena's Lad resumed at Gilgandra two weeks ago over 1800m and won eased down, despite the margin. The form through that race has been franked since. Shouldn't be far away from the perfect draw and Michael Mulholland has a knack of winning these country cups.
Dangers: 1. Not Negotiating is right at the top of the weights but is a last start Mudgee Cup winner, beating the in form One Aye. 2. Nieces And Nephews will slide across to offset the wide draw and is rarely far away at the finish.
How to play it: Athena's Lad WIN ($3.90 TAB Fixed Odds) Odds & Evens: ODDS
|Race 9 - 5:35PM RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
9. Know Where To Look was around the mark all preparation last time in without winning. Ran well first up at Mudgee upon resumption last campaign and on the back of an eye-catching trial at Orange, sets up to run just as well here.
Dangers: 7. French Factor has more upside than anything else here with just three starts to her name and thought she did more than enough first up over 900m at this track, where the winner broke the track record.