|Race 1 - 12:15PM RJ SIDNEY CRAIG CLASS 1 HANDICAP (900 METRES)|
2. Panzarella did quite a good job to win on debut at Orange back in November, chasing the leader then holding off a challenge and the form out of the race has been good. Two quiet trials but with gate one she should land in or near the lead and have every chance. Read trainer Matthew Smith's comments here.
Dangers: 1. Williams Bay has been freshened up since breaking through over this trip at Newcastle in mid-March. She sprinted nicely to win that race so expect her to be strong late. Won a tickover trial last week. 4. Agent Moon has been a bit hit and miss and resumes since August without a public trial. Won over this course in June last year and is a market watch. 5. Written Statement led and knocked up on a heavy track first-up at Moruya so any improvement in the ground will be to his advantage. Had a few chances at the same time so place claims here.
How to play it: Panzarella WIN ($2.25 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
|Race 2 - 12:50PM JCF CONTRACTING BENCHMARK 58 HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
1. Bleue's Choice is an honest type and led all the way to a narrow win over this course a month ago on a heavy track. Does rise 2kg on that but looks a winnable race and he should be in the firing line again.
Dangers: 5. Mil Ciento comes through the same race where he disappointed running fifth. Big drifter in betting there too. Since been back to the trials and while meeting the winner on the same weight terms he could easily be an improver. 3. Zanshin won nicely at Orange two starts back before an even effort from on speed at Canberra back in January. Not seen at the trials and drawn awkwardly but worth keeping an eye on. 4. Charlemagne might find this a little bit sharp fresh but he does have a consistent enough record. Draws okay and wouldn't be surprised if he figured in the placings fresh.
How to play it: Bleue's Choice WIN ($2.40 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: ODDS.
|Race 3 - 1:25PM BRISBANE MEADOWS MAIDEN HANDICAP (1600 METRES)|
3. Ausbred Bluebird has a big chance to break through here second-up after an unlucky fourth when resuming at Newcastle recently. Things just didn't pan out for her there when a solid favourite but she found the line well when clear. Entitled to go close.
Dangers: 4. Sulwaan wasn't disgraced on debut at Warwick Farm on a heavy track, she ran fifth there in a 1200m event. Likely to find this a bit easier and the step up in trip is interesting. Could be a big improver. 7. Spellz has done enough in two runs back to suggest she could be competitive here. Solid first-up then up to this trip and again held her ground at Canberra. Has gate one this time so likely to find an easier run and has each-way claims. Stablemate 6. Quattro Pensieri is now stepping out in distance after two placings at 1300m and while beaten seven lengths last time she did make good ground from well back behind a runaway winner.
How to play it: Ausbred Bluebird WIN ($2.30 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
|Race 4 - 2:05PM TWINSTAR RACING CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1200 METRES)|
1. Onehelvason was competitive in much stronger races than a Class 1 in two starts after his maiden win here back in January. He's trialled okay leading into this, draws well and while he has top weight there's not a heap of depth. Expect him to run well.
Dangers: 3. Narumi enjoyed a handy first preparation with a debut win and a couple of placings. She's yet to tackle 1200m but fitter for two trials and if she can find a good spot from a tricky gate she should feature somewhere. 2. Letmeletgo showed some ability in the state's north last time in winning at Grafton in October and placing in a Class 2 before a spell. Second trial was a big improvement and he has gate one. Include. 5. Wilful Spirit gave a bit of a sight up on the pace at Hawkesbury in a Highway recently and this is much easier. Should roll forward and is worth keeping in mind.
How to play it: Onehelvason WIN ($2.25 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: ODDS.
|Race 5 - 2:40PM GOULBURN HAY SUPPLIES MAIDEN PLATE (1300 METRES)|
Big watch on 14. Titanic Award who debuts against older horses on the back of what appears to be a couple of very nice trials. He was strong late in the both of them over short trips so kicking off at 1300m from an inside draw is ideal.
Dangers: 3. Dar Legend is another interesting runner from the Bjorn Baker yard, he's first-up as a gelding having raced twice in city company in Victoria and has also trialled well. Keep very safe. 11. Upgrades disappointed on debut at Warwick Farm but showed some improvement in her second start at Bathurst. Perhaps the extra trip will suit her and she could lift. 8. Bel Suono has had a few chances but getting away from the heavy range might suit and she's hard fit after three runs back. Could place.
How to play it: Titanic Award WIN ($3.40 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
|Race 6 - 3:15PM GOULBURN POST BENCHMARK 66 HANDICAP (1300 METRES)|
2. Departing Bullet resumed with a handy effort running into third at Bathurst over an unsuitable trip so he could be in for a good prep. Second-up form is superior and this trip helps his cause. Good each-way chance.
Dangers: 6. Sizzle Chic is hard to fault this time in with two wins and two seconds from four starts. Got the job done at Bathurst last time as favourite and should run well again. 8. Southern Appeal promised a bit early but showed he could be on the way back with a solid fourth when resuming at Albury under 62kg. Wide alley not bad for his style and is one to keep an eye on. 3. Rathvilly Miss isn't a noted first-up performer but she won't know herself in this class after racing well in town last time in including a second to Promise Of Success. Hard to beat if she's ready so keep an eye on betting.
How to play it: Departing Bullet E/W ($8.00 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: EVENS.
|Race 7 - 3:55PM GOULBURN MULWAREE COUNCIL MAIDEN HANDICAP (1000 METRES)|
2. Piaciuta wasn't particularly fancied on debut but she attacked the line with plenty of purpose into second in a very nice effort over 900m. Fitter and just has to back that up here and she could easily go one better.
Dangers: 4. Inequality contested the same race as an odds-on favourite and didn't find a lot after sitting outside the leader, weakening into fourth. Blinkers go on here and while drawn wide it is only 1000m and she could be worth another chance. 6. Bright Flight was a beaten favourite, though not by far, on debut at this track a year ago. She's trialled twice and not really stood out so keep an eye on betting from a handy draw. 3. Divine Okay was well fancied at his only start but dropped out after hanging on the turn. Given some time and he's trialled twice leading into this. Big market watch for a pointer.
How to play it: Piaciuta E/W ($5.50 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: EVENS.
|Race 8 - 4:35PM PURE IMAGE SIGNS & DESIGNS BM58 HANDICAP (1500 METRES)|
2. Unwritten can be forgiven for failing in very heavy ground at Nowra last start and on his previous form looks hard to beat. Won over this course three starts back and down in grade he should be hard to hold out.
Dangers: 3. King Of Spades also brings a heavy track failure as a form reference into this race and he can do a lot better. Went back to the trials after that race and if the track stays in the soft range he can be a big improver. 8. Rent A Rock was a little out of form before his closing second at Wagga last week and on that effort he can be competitive. Doesn't have a great record on his home track but chance to enhance it here. 7. Mossy Oak could sneak a placing here, he's been just behind them at his past couple over 1300m while his latest placing was at a mile. Each-way claims.
How to play it: Unwritten WIN ($3.60 TAB Fixed Odds). Odds & Evens: SPLIT.