News Search Racing - Previews
Search the Racing and Sports News Archives:
Type atleast three letters to find.
- Fri, Jul 03, 2020Progressive colt Quantico looks well-placed to add to his growing reputation when he lines up at Eagle Farm on Saturday.
- Thu, Jul 02, 2020A ten race program makes it a long day for all involved so hopefully a winner is in store.
- Thu, Jul 02, 2020Plenty of good sized fields this week in the SA meeting at Murray Bridge.
- Thu, Jul 02, 2020It's Winter Finals Day at Flemington and as always it produces a deep and interesting card of winter racing.
- Fri, Jun 26, 2020A rise in distance and a strong third-up record see Scallopini well placed at Doomben on Saturday.
- Thu, Jun 25, 2020Belmont has the Strickland Stakes this Saturday in the last of the Winter triple crown G3s.
- Thu, Jun 25, 2020Just a so so meeting on the Parks track this Saturday.
- Thu, Jun 25, 2020Another heavy track faces us on Saturday and unfortunately I don't think they are going anywhere soon.
- Thu, Jun 25, 2020Back to Caulfield, with the rail out a mile, for a very basic looking offseason card. Let's get betting!
- Fri, Jun 19, 2020Third-up and distance specialist Reckless Choice ticks a few boxes when he lines up at Doomben on Saturday.
- Fri, Jun 19, 2020A week is a long time in racing, but I'm still on the floor about Bound To Win, she was hooooome.
- Thu, Jun 18, 2020The Belmont Guineas is the main race on the Perth program this Saturday.
- Thu, Jun 18, 2020Fine weather is forecast up to race day and the track should remain around the soft 5 range. That’s miraculous for Canberra in winter. The rail is out 6m the entire. Another good competitive card with the highlight being The Federal, which is being run over a short sprint this time around.
- Thu, Jun 18, 2020Racing is back at Morphettville after some weeks off the main track and we are giving Kayla Crowther a good day.
- Thu, Jun 18, 2020The Creswick Stakes add some flair to a deep card of racing for this time of year at Flemington.
- Fri, Jun 12, 2020Stradbroke Handicap placegetter Niccanova looks primed for a well-deserved win at Eagle Farm on Saturday.
- Fri, Jun 12, 2020We return to Rosehill on Saturday in what shapes as a highly competitive Winter card.
- Thu, Jun 11, 2020Belmont hosts the Hyperion Stakes on Saturday in the next of the Winter WFA series.
- Thu, Jun 11, 2020Murray Bridge is back in the swing on Saturday with a little bit of sameness to these races.
- Thu, Jun 11, 2020We're back to the Valley following it's post-summer break with a deep card full of horses building towards the Winter Championships.
- Thu, Jun 04, 2020The Raconteur Stakes is the main race on the Belmont program this week.
- Thu, Jun 04, 2020In a normal year it would be a massive day at Eagle Farm but even with the issues of our time, we still have a top Stradbroke as the feature this week.
- Thu, Jun 04, 2020We really are heading into the Winter racing period now and so the local depth is weak.
- Thu, Jun 04, 2020Last week Caulfield hosted a very off-season meeting and this week it's Flemington's turn to host a very wintery card of non-descript handicaps.
- Fri, May 29, 2020Exciting Sydney colt Dawn Passage can land a hat trick of wins when he heads north to Doomben on Saturday.
- Fri, May 29, 2020On a better than average off-season card at Rosehill and with the track just in the heavy range at the time of writing, with the odd shower about, we are looking for the runners who enjoy plenty of give in the ground.
- Thu, May 28, 2020It is Belmont Sprint day at Group 3 level on the weekend.
- Thu, May 28, 2020This is a tough card back at Morphettville this weekend.
- Thu, May 28, 2020It's about as nondescript as it gets at Caulfield this weekend but that doesn't mean there won't be good betting - particularly if we can get on the right side of it.
- Fri, May 22, 2020Good racing at Eagle Farm on Saturday with three Group races to sink our teeth into.
- Fri, May 22, 2020Any chance one gets to quote Seinfeld you should always take it, so in the immortal words of Cosmo Kramer, 'His father was a mudda, his mother was a mudda.'
- Thu, May 21, 2020Racing is back to Belmont for metropolitan Saturday racing.
- Thu, May 21, 2020It is a strong Saturday card again at Flemington with big fields and plenty of value.
- Thu, May 21, 2020It's the final meeting on the turf track at Canberra for the 2019/20 season. Fields are strengthened with the participation of leading Sydney yards and everyone should get their chance with the rail in the true position.
- Thu, May 21, 2020Now the carnival is over, Murray Bridge hosts the Saturday meeting.
- Fri, May 15, 2020Sydney galloper Milk Man looks primed to win at his second Queensland outing on Saturday.
- Fri, May 15, 2020There's no fun sitting on the fence in this game, it's all about having an opinion and if you are going to have one, you might as well make it count.
- Thu, May 14, 2020The Roma Cup is the main race on the card as we close in on the end of the Ascot season.
- Thu, May 14, 2020Last of the Adelaide carnival’s G1s is on with the time honoured Goodwood run over the 1200m.
- Thu, May 14, 2020The big interest at Flemington this weekend surrounds the Andrew Ramsden and the free ticket to the Melbourne Cup.
- Fri, May 08, 2020Consistent gelding Galtero gets his chance for a well-deserved win at Doomben on Saturday.
- Fri, May 08, 2020Well we didn’t have to wait long to test the True Detective theory (won’t win another race), he lines up in the fourth on Saturday and at present takes up 25% of the market, god bless him.
- Thu, May 07, 2020On what isn’t the easiest card at Ascot, we’ll play early in the day.
- Thu, May 07, 2020South Australian Derby day is an important one on the calendar and we’re going for the ladies.
- Thu, May 07, 2020It's off season fare at Caulfield this weekend but there are enough interesting horses lining up to make for an enjoyable card.
- Fri, May 01, 2020Two horses coming off back-to-back wins look well placed to complete the hat trick at Doomben on Saturday.
- Fri, May 01, 2020I'm generally not a believer of horse's turning it up or not wanting to win, but after last weekend it's hard not to be.
- Thu, Apr 30, 2020It is another big card at Ascot with the Northam features forced to be run here.
- Thu, Apr 30, 2020It is a great day of racing and hopefully punting as two Group 1s are run at Morphettville.
- Thu, Apr 30, 2020It's off to superb Sandown for the Saturday meeting in Melbourne this week and the card has some really interesting runners littered through it.
- Fri, Apr 24, 2020Everyone has their way of doing the form, some factors weighted more than others, one I feel that is very important is jockey switches.
- Thu, Apr 23, 2020The Autumn carnival is almost over but still some decent horses are running at Ascot.
- Thu, Apr 23, 2020With the shake-up of the carnival, Caloundra holds the lead in to the main part of the carnival.
- Thu, Apr 23, 2020We are one week away from the Group 1s in Adelaide but this is a good program.
- Thu, Apr 23, 2020The St Leger is the highlight on Flemington's Anzac Day card and it's an interesting edition of the time honoured race.
- Fri, Apr 17, 2020Plenty of odds on favourites at Doomben on Saturday but we’ve gone looking for a bit more value.
- Fri, Apr 17, 2020The Sydney autumn carnival wraps up at Randwick on Saturday with the meeting boasting two strong sprint events at the end of the program.
- Thu, Apr 16, 2020It is Sires day in Perth following the domination in the WATC Derby last week.
- Thu, Apr 16, 2020We are starting group racing into the Adelaide carnival.
- Thu, Apr 16, 2020It's a deep and interesting betting card at Caulfield on Saturday and we can hope to get good bang for our buck across the nine races.
- Thu, Apr 09, 2020It is WATC Derby day and there is a shortie in the race with the filly Tuscan Queen for the pink and white army.
- Thu, Apr 09, 2020Some value is on offer with a couple of each way betting propositions at Doomben on Saturday.
- Thu, Apr 09, 2020It is Easter Cup day at Caulfield this weekend and it shapes as a good betting card still on a softer track.
- Thu, Apr 09, 2020The Adelaide carnival is about to get into swing.
- Thu, Apr 09, 2020It was a big swing and a miss last weekend, but confident we can turn it around at headquarters on Saturday.
- Fri, Jul 03, 2020Always wary when a meeting looks too straight, but quite confident on a few angles at Randwick on Saturday.
- Fri, Jun 05, 2020Hard to suggest Sydney has been a happy hunting ground (for me anyway) the last few weeks, but hopeful we can turn it around at Randwick on Saturday.
- Tue, Jun 02, 2020The rail is out 2m the entire and with rain Monday in the Capital the track is likely to race a bit worse than the current Soft 5. There’s strong betting races across the card.