SNAPSHOT OF THE FIRST AFL PRELIMINARY FINAL
* Result: Richmond 6.10 (46) bt Port Adelaide 6.4 (40) at Adelaide Oval
* Key moment: Hamish Hartlett knocks the ball over the boundary line, deep in Richmond's forward line during the 12th minute of the final quarter, and is penalised. Kane Lambert takes the resultant free kick and slots his second goal of the term, building a 10-point lead that the Tigers defended in a frenetic finish.
* Key stat: Dustin Martin booted two goals and had 20-plus disposals. The superstar has now achieved this in three preliminary finals - a first in VFL/AFL history.
* Injuries: Port's Ryan Burton spent much of the second and third quarters off the field being treated, while groggy teammate Brad Ebert was helped off the field after a courageous spoil in the final term. Richmond appeared to escape the game without a major injury.
* What's next? Richmond will compete for their third premiership in four seasons. The Tigers will face either Brisbane or Geelong as they hunt back-to-back flags for the first time since 1974.