News Search Sports - Golf
Search the Racing and Sports News Archives:
Type atleast three letters to find.
- Tue, Jun 25, 2019Australian Hannah Green says the magnitude of being a women's golf Major winner at the age of 22 is still sinking in.
- Sun, Jun 23, 2019Jason Day has fallen to seven shots behind the lead after a lacklustre third round at the PGA Tour event in Connecticut.
- Sat, Jun 22, 2019Three-time major winner Jordan Spieth missed his fourth cut of the US PGA Tour season with a poor ball-striking display at the Travelers Championship.
- Mon, Jun 17, 2019Adam Scott has lamented a sloppy finish on his closing back nine of the US Open at Pebble Beach.
- Mon, Jun 17, 2019Su Oh has continued to turn her form around ahead of the third major of the year and finished in a tie for second at the LPGA event in Michigan.
- Mon, Jun 17, 2019Gary Woodland has earned a three-shot victory at the US Open at Pebble Beach in California to join the ranks of golf's major champions.
- Thu, Jun 13, 2019Adam Scott is desperate to add a US Open victory at Pebble Beach to a resume that includes the Masters at Augusta National.
- Thu, Jun 13, 2019Rory McIlroy knows a hot first round on Thursday at the US Open at Pebble Beach will be key to his chances of winning a fifth major title.
- Wed, Jun 12, 2019Brooks Koepka, the defending US Open champion, was omitted from a TV promotion by the host broadcaster before this week's major at Pebble Beach.
- Wed, Jun 12, 2019Tiger Woods will attempt to win a 16th major at this week's US Open at Pebble Beach, 19 years after he won the tournament by 15 shots at the same course.
- Mon, Jun 03, 2019Patrick Cantlay defeated Australia's Adam Scott with a record final round 64 to win the Memorial Tournament after some sage advice from host Jack Nicklaus.
- Sun, Jun 02, 2019A mass shooting in which 12 people were killed in Virginia Beach occurred less than 2km from Australian golfer Marc Leishman's home.
- Fri, May 31, 2019Matt Kuchar has been embroiled in another controversy, this time over a ruling in the first round of the PGA Tour's Memorial Tournament.
- Fri, May 31, 2019Tiger Woods has made a solid start to the US PGA Tour's Memorial Tournament, which he has won five times.
- Thu, May 30, 2019Adam Scott says a victory at the PGA Tour's Memorial Tournament, where he has contended previously, will inspire confidence for the US and British Opens.
- Thu, May 30, 2019Tiger Woods could equal the PGA Tour's all-time winning record with a victory at this week's Memorial event in Ohio, where he has won five times.
- Wed, May 29, 2019Jack Nicklaus says Tiger Woods is a good chance to overcome his record haul of 18 majors, starting with next month's US Open.
- Mon, May 20, 2019A look through the records Brooks Koepka broke during his 2019 PGA Championship win, his fourth major title.
- Mon, May 20, 2019Adam Scott says he knows exactly what to fix ahead of next month's US Open after a lacklustre finish to the PGA Championship in New York.
- Sun, May 19, 2019Adam Scott concedes Brooks Koepka is unlikely to relinquish his seven-shot lead at the PGA but wants to secure a fourth straight solid finish at the majors.
- Sat, May 18, 2019Jordan Spieth fired his way into weekend contention at the PGA Championship but says his chance to complete golf's career grand slam is not a focus.
- Sat, May 18, 2019Australian Adam Scott's 64 was the round of the day but only earned him a share of second, seven shots behind US PGA Championship 36-hole leader Brooks Koepka.
- Fri, May 17, 2019Brooks Koepka leads the PGA Championship after round one, courtesy of a course-record seven-under-par 63 at Bethpage Black.
- Fri, May 17, 2019Australian Jason Day has finished the first round of the PGA Championship six shots behind Brooks Koepka, who took the lead with a course record 63.
- Wed, May 15, 2019Tiger Woods says a month-long rest after his Masters win will aid his quest to eclipse Jack Nicklaus' record 18 majors, as he prepares for the PGA Championship.
- Tue, May 14, 2019Tiger Woods's caddie says a month-long break after his Masters victory in April won't affect the 15-time major winner's chances at the PGA Championship.
- Tue, May 14, 2019Cameron Smith was among many US PGA Championship hopefuls who were unable to play a Monday practice round due to heavy rain at New York's Bethpage course.
- Fri, May 10, 2019A back injury has ruled Marc Leishman out of the PGA event in Dallas, interrupting the Australian's preparation for the US PGA Championship.
- Mon, May 06, 2019Sei Young Kim has won the LPGA event in California in a playoff while Australia's world No.2 Minjee Lee finished in a share of eighth.
- Sun, Apr 21, 2019Brooke Henderson has claimed a four-shot victory in the LPGA Tour's Lotte Championship in Hawaii with Australian Minjee Lee finishing in a share of third.
- Mon, Apr 15, 2019Jason Day has posted a final-round 67 to finish the Masters at 11-under-par and tied fifth at Augusta National.
- Mon, Apr 15, 2019Tiger Woods is poised to make a run at Jack Nicklaus's record 18 major victories having won the Masters at Augusta National.
- Sun, Apr 14, 2019Masters officials could be forced to send groups off in threesomes from two tees in a rare move to combat a forecasted storm on Sunday afternoon.
- Sat, Apr 13, 2019Australian Jason Day has his wife to thank, having earned a share of the lead after the second round at the Masters on Friday.
- Sat, Apr 13, 2019Australia's Adam Scott and Jason Day are among a star-studded leaderboard heading into the third round at the 2019 Masters at Augusta National.
- Sat, Apr 13, 2019Tiger Woods was tripped by a security guard and could have been injured as a series of bizarre incidents unfolded on day two at the Masters in Augusta.
- Fri, Apr 12, 2019Cameron Smith has posted a 70 at Augusta National to sit two under and four shots behind the lead after his first round at the Masters.
- Fri, Apr 12, 2019Australia's Adam Scott is among a star-studded leaderboard heading into the second round at the Masters.
- Thu, Apr 11, 2019Former Masters winner Adam Scott won't be satisfied until he wins a second major and likes his chances of pulling that off at Augusta National this week.
- Wed, Apr 10, 2019Three-time major winner Brooks Koepka has come under fire for reportedly shedding more than 13kg for a photo shoot ahead of the Masters.
- Wed, Apr 10, 2019How the Masters became a major, why the winner receives a green jacket, who designed Augusta National and all you need to know about the famed event.
- Wed, Apr 10, 2019Online scalpers who are defying Augusta National rules are selling Masters tickets online with a ticket to all four rounds starting at $10,000.
- Wed, Apr 10, 2019Cameron Smith has been placed in a Masters marquee group with Rory McIlroy and Rickie Fowler for the first two rounds at Augusta National.
- Wed, Apr 10, 2019Fifteen-year-old Hye Park shot eight-under-par 65 to open the Australian Girls' Championship with a five-shot lead.
- Wed, Apr 10, 2019Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods enter the 83rd Masters eyeing off a first and fifth green jacket respectively.
- Mon, Apr 08, 2019A look back through the Masters record books reveals Australia's rich history of first-timers, close calls and collapses at Augusta National.
- Sun, Apr 07, 2019Jason Day has spent the past week resting and rehabilitating his injured back for the Masters and will arrive for a Sunday practice round at Augusta National.
- Sun, Apr 07, 2019American Jennifer Kupcho has romped to a four-shot victory at the inaugural Augusta National Women's Amateur, with the final held at the home of the Masters.
- Thu, Apr 04, 2019Only four Australians are eligible for the Masters but rankings suggest they'll be the strongest quartet at Augusta in more than a decade.
- Mon, Apr 01, 2019Kevin Kisner defeated Matt Kuchar in the final to win the WGC-Match Play in Texas, a year after he was runner-up.