News Search Sports - Other
Search the Racing and Sports News Archives:
Type atleast three letters to find.
- Wed, Jun 26, 2019Australia coach Lisa Alexander has given all 12 of her World Cup squad a run in a 99-76 practice-match win over a Super Netball composite side.
- Wed, Jun 26, 2019Giants netball players felt they were robbed of a win when an embarrassing time bungle meant Caitlin Bassett's match-winning goal was ruled out.
- Mon, Jun 24, 2019Australian sportswomen Ashleigh Barty, Sally Fitzgibbons and Hannah Green are celebrating their triumphs with a common humble theme.
- Mon, Jun 24, 2019Australia have topped the medal count and points table at a World Rowing Cup event for the first time since 2014.
- Sun, Jun 23, 2019Blake Govers and Jeremy Hayward each netted a brace of penalty corners as the Kookaburras beat host the Netherlands 4-1in the FIH Pro League.
- Sun, Jun 23, 2019A masterful performance from Nat Medhurst has seen Collingwood Magpies ease past Queensland Firebirds to keep their Super Netball finals aspirations on track.
- Sun, Jun 23, 2019The Adelaide Thunderbirds and NSW Swifts have recorded a 51-51 draw, after Maria Folau missed two shots on the siren for the home side.
- Sat, Jun 22, 2019The Melbourne Vixens head into Super Netball's World Cup-inspired break on a high after beating the Giants 66-57 in Sydney.
- Fri, Jun 21, 2019Australia's Sally Fitzgibbons must travel the hard route if she wants to claim a third WSL event win in Brazil after being defeated in her opening round heat.
- Thu, Jun 20, 2019A Blake Govers brace has earned the Kookaburras a two-nil win over world No.1 Belgium in the FIH Pro League in Antwerp.
- Sun, Jun 16, 2019The stellar Swifts have completed a NSW derby double with comeback victory over the Giants in Super Netball.
- Sun, Jun 16, 2019Jhaniele Fowler has helped the West Coast Fever to a Super Netball victory over the Adelaide Firebirds, while teammate Alice Teague-Neeld also shone.
- Sat, Jun 15, 2019Jamaican international shooter Jhaniele Fowler has pushed through the pain barrier to secure a much-needed Super Netball win for the West Coast Fever.
- Sat, Jun 15, 2019South African international Karla Pretorius has led her champion Sunshine Coast Lightning to a 64-41 Super Netball win over the Collingwood Magpies.
- Fri, Jun 14, 2019The Kookaburras have gone down 3-2 to Spain in a men's hockey Pro League clash in Madrid.
- Wed, Jun 12, 2019A time glitch cost the Giants victory against West Coast Fever last week and it's a situation that needs to be fixed.
- Tue, Jun 11, 2019Following back-to-back Super Netball losses, the Collingwood Magpies returned to basics and got the response they wanted - a first-ever win over the Vixens.
- Mon, Jun 10, 2019Australia have suffered their second loss in the FIH Pro League hockey, losing to Britain 4-3 in a penalty shootout.
- Mon, Jun 10, 2019Australian triathlete Jake Birtwhistle has posted his first World Triathlon Series win, beating a stacked field in the Leeds round.
- Mon, Jun 10, 2019Tough defence and accurate second-half shooting from Shimona Nelson has guided Collingwood to a drought-breaking win over Super Netball rivals Melbourne Vixens.
- Sun, Jun 09, 2019Giants coach Julie Fitzgerald was left to count the cost of a poor finish to their Super Netball encounter at West Coast Fever, which ended in a draw.
- Sat, Jun 08, 2019The former coach of Australian tennis star Ash Barty says she has been an outstanding player since she first walked onto a court at five years of age.
- Sat, Jun 08, 2019West Coast secured their third draw of the Super Netball season after former their shooter Caitlin Bassett had a match-winning goal ruled out for the Giants.
- Thu, Jun 06, 2019Tennis Australia is the latest sports body to sign up to a United Nations program to promote action on climate change.
- Mon, Jun 03, 2019A team of 130 Australians have broken a national skydiving record more than 5000 metres above California.
- Sun, Jun 02, 2019Two competitors were plucked from the water on Sunday after a shark was spotted near the competition area at the Margaret River Pro.
- Sat, Jun 01, 2019Surf legend Kelly Slater is through to the fourth round at the Margaret River Pro, but it was a pod of dolphins who stole the show on Saturday.
- Sat, Jun 01, 2019Super Netball strugglers West Coast Fever and Queensland Firebirds could not be separated after a tense sixth round clash in Brisbane.
- Sat, Jun 01, 2019A brilliantly devised and executed defensive plan powered the Melbourne Vixens to a 62-52 Super Netball win against the champion Sunshine Coast Lightning.
- Fri, May 31, 2019Australian goaler Gretel Tippett may not please everyone with her unorthodox style of play but Diamonds coach Lisa Alexander believes she's a match-winner.
- Thu, May 30, 2019A photo of AFLW star Tayla Harris, which went viral after she was targeted by online trolls, has taken out the inaugural Women in Sport Photo Action Awards.
- Thu, May 30, 2019A lay day has been called for the Margaret RIver Pro surf event on Thursday, with conditions expected to pick up from Friday onwards.
- Mon, May 27, 2019NSW Swifts centre Paige Hadley has boosted her netball World Cup selection chances with a starring performance in her team's Super Netball win over Melbourne.
- Sun, May 26, 2019The NSW Swifts have posted a crushing 60-50 win over the Melbourne Vixens to move to the top of the Super Netball ladder.
- Sun, May 26, 2019Adelaide have posted a 54-51 win over the winless Queensland Firebirds in their Super Netball clash in Adelaide.
- Sun, May 26, 2019A fitter smarter and more passionate Tai Tuivasa is keen to show the world next month how he has improved since his first UFC heavyweight loss.
- Sat, May 25, 2019A shooting masterclass from Jamaican international Jhaniele Fowler has carried the West Coast Fever to a drought-breaking maiden Super Netball in Bendigo.
- Sat, May 25, 2019A perfect 10 in the dying minutes of the WSL event final in Bali has lifted Stephanie Gilmore to the top of the world championship rankings.
- Sat, May 25, 2019International firepower has helped Sunshine Coast Lightning to a 72-61 Super Netball win over Netball Giants at their newly-renovated home.
- Thu, May 23, 2019Silver Ferns shooter Maria Folau has received a welcome dose of positive news after being named to compete at a fourth World Cup.
- Thu, May 23, 2019Collingwood Magpies recruit Nat Medhurst will have a chance to exact revenge on her former club when she faces West Coast Fever in Bendigo on Saturday.
- Thu, May 23, 2019Melbourne Vixens midcourter Liz Watson says her Super Netball team were lucky to escape with a draw last round and must lift to beat the second-placed Swifts.
- Wed, May 22, 2019A freestyle motorcycle rider has completed a backflip atop Melbourne's tallest building in a daredevil move to rev up support for a sporting event.
- Sun, May 19, 2019Experienced Giants Caitlin Bassett and Kim Green have steered their side to a 69-61 away win against the Queensland Firebirds in Super Netball.
- Sun, May 19, 2019Surfing's world No.2 Julian Wilson has guaranteed himself a season-best result after nailing his third-round showdown with Brazil's Jadson Andre in Bali.
- Sat, May 18, 2019The Kookaburras have beaten India 5-2 to complete a 2-0 series win in Perth.
- Sat, May 18, 2019The Super Netball-leading Melbourne Vixens have regrouped to secure a 63-63 draw with winless West Coast Fever in Perth.
- Fri, May 17, 2019Organisers have called a lay day for the World Surf League event in Bali with conditions set to improve at Keramas over the weekend.
- Thu, May 16, 2019Jeff Horn has spotted some holes in Tim Tszyu's technique but says a fight between them would be massive for Australian boxing and a big money earner.
- Wed, May 15, 2019Justin Hodges needed just 23 seconds to stop Troy McMahon in a heavyweight pro boxing bout in Sydney.
- Wed, May 15, 2019The Kookaburras have enjoyed a comfortable win to open up their two-match series against India.
- Wed, May 15, 2019Continuing poor conditions have forced organisers to call a lay day at the World Surf League event in Bali.
- Tue, May 14, 2019Adelaide Thunderbirds' English recruit Beth Cobden has suffered a knee injury and will miss the netball World Cup.
- Tue, May 14, 2019Tayla Harris' viral AFLW image is a leading contender for an inaugural photography award shining a spotlight on the sporting prowess of female athletes.
- Mon, May 13, 2019He's got a photo of Kostya Tszyu hanging in his bedroom, but Australian junior middleweight champ Joel Camilleri is out to beat the famous boxer's son.
- Sun, May 12, 2019Giants Netball open their account for the 2019 Super Netball season after knocking off Collingwood Magpies in a scrappy encounter in Sydney
- Sun, May 12, 2019A dominant second-half performance has powered the NSW Swifts to a third successive Super Netball win, downing the winless West Coast Fever 80-66.
- Sun, May 12, 2019Alexander Volkanovski wants a world title fight against UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway in Australia after beating former champion Jose Aldo in Brazil.
- Sat, May 11, 2019The Melbourne Vixens have recorded their third-straight Super Netball win with a 16-goal victory over the Adelaide Thunderbirds.
- Thu, May 09, 2019West Coast were Super Netball grand finalists last year but they look a shadow of that team after opening this season with two straight losses.
- Tue, May 07, 2019The Queensland Firebirds will play a new-look Sunshine Coast Lightning in a Super Netball derby on Sunday in Brisbane.
- Mon, May 06, 2019The Melbourne Vixens have only lost one quarter in two Super Netball starts to lead the competition on percentage, but their coach is not getting carried away
- Sun, May 05, 2019The Hockeyroos have lost their Pro League match to hosts Argentina after a penalty shootout was required to separate the sides.
- Sun, May 05, 2019The Kookaburras have held on to beat Argentina 2-1 in the Pro League to jump to the top of the standings after a seventh consecutive victory.
- Sun, May 05, 2019Sunshine Coast Lightning swept all four bonus points in a 80-55 Super Netball thrashing of West Coast Fever.
- Sun, May 05, 2019Australian triathlete Cam Wurf has set an Ironman Australia course record, despite fading in his run, in a dominant display ahead of the world championship.
- Sat, May 04, 2019Collingwood midcourter Kelsey Browne lifted in the absence of her injured sister to help salvage a 57-57 Super Netball draw with the Queensland Firebirds.
- Wed, May 01, 2019World Surf League have confirmed that former world champion Vincent 'Sunny' Garcia is in a critical condition in hospital.
- Sun, Apr 28, 2019The NFL now has five Australian punters with Mitch Wishnowsky joining the San Francisco 49ers after a stellar college career.
- Sat, Apr 27, 2019Hawaiian surfing star John John Florence has beaten Brazilian Filipe Toledo in a tight Bells Beach final to win his first Rip Curl Pro title.
- Sat, Apr 27, 2019Australia will take on world No.5 India in a two-Test series at Perth Hockey Stadium next month.
- Sat, Apr 27, 2019With a number of new recruits leading the way, the Collingwood Magpies proved too strong for reigning champions Sunshine Coast Lightning in Super Netball.
- Sat, Apr 27, 2019A dominant Caitlin Thwaites performance has inspired the Melbourne Vixens to an impressive win over Queensland Firebirds to open the new Super Netball season.
- Thu, Apr 25, 2019A second-half brace to Blake Govers has lifted the Kookaburras to a 4-3 win over New Zealand and close to the top of the men's hockey Pro League standings.
- Thu, Apr 25, 2019Mitch Wishnowsky was booting a Sherrin football in a Perth park with mates when his potential for an NFL career was first identified.
- Wed, Apr 24, 2019Organisers have called another lay day at the Rip Curl Pro but expect a big three days of waves at Bells Beach, culminating with the finals on Saturday.
- Wed, Apr 24, 2019Teenage boys are using homophobic slurs on the sports field in an attempt to fit in with teammates, a Victorian-led study has found.
- Tue, Apr 23, 2019Collingwood's Madi Robinson is still battling a knee injury that's set to rule her out of their round one Super Netball clash with champions Sunshine Coast.
- Mon, Apr 22, 2019Australian surfers Owen Wright and Jack Freestone took no chances when they spotted a large shadow in the water on Easter Monday at Bells Beach.
- Sun, Apr 21, 2019A lack of good waves at Bells Beach has forced organisers to call another lay day at the Rip Curl Pro.
- Thu, Apr 18, 2019Kelly Slater's possible WSL competition swan song at Bells Beach nearly had a bad start before he advanced after his round-one heat.
- Tue, Apr 16, 2019Stephanie Gilmore notes that a big result at Bells Beach usually bodes well for the world surfing title.
- Tue, Apr 16, 2019Like Tiger Woods, surfing legend Kelly Slater has had to overcome serious injury lately and has had a lean run of form.
- Tue, Apr 09, 2019Tim Tszyu has been labelled a gun by famous boxing trainer Freddie Roach and has the chance to do something his famous dad never did: win an Australian title.
- Mon, Apr 08, 2019Italo Ferreira has pinched the Quiksilver Pro title from Kolohe Andino with a brilliant wave as the clock expired in the final of the season's opening event.
- Sun, Apr 07, 2019WSL organisers are hopeful of a conclusion to the season-opening event on the Gold Coast on Monday after calling off competition on Sunday.
- Sat, Apr 06, 2019John John Florence has sounded a warning to reigning world champion Gabriel Medina as the American surfer's comeback gathers pace on the Gold Coast.
- Fri, Apr 05, 2019Stephanie Gilmore says she's back in the zone after winning her way into the quarter-finals of the Gold Coast Pro on a historic day for the WSL women's tour.
- Fri, Apr 05, 2019They will be on opposing sides at this year's World Cup but Australian captain Caitlin Bassett and England star Jo Harten are forming a Super Netball alliance.
- Fri, Apr 05, 2019Israel Adesanya is eyeing a possible August showdown with Australia's UFC middleweight champion Robert Whittaker if he wins an interim title belt this month.
- Fri, Apr 05, 2019Legendary Kelly Slater is the first major casualty of a new format for this year's World Surf League events, with world No.2 Julian Wilson nearly joining him.
- Thu, Apr 04, 2019Stephanie Gilmore has made a slow start to her World Surf League title defence as the Gold Coast Pro event got underway on Thursday.
- Thu, Apr 04, 2019Australia's Julian Wilson has survived a scare but surfing great Kelly Slater is an early casualty at the world tour opener on the Gold Coast.
- Wed, Apr 03, 2019Stephanie Gilmore will begin pursuit of a record eighth world surfing title on the Gold Coast this week, where Olympic qualification is also now a factor.
- Sun, Mar 31, 2019Teenager Macy Callaghan is comfortable becoming the hunted on the WSL's Championship Tour after two years of doing the hunting as a wildcard.
- Sun, Mar 31, 2019Queensland's Luke Willian has finished with a sizzling run to clinch victory at the New Plymouth leg of the World Cup triathlon series.
- Thu, Jun 20, 2019A training injury to Queensland captain Ali Brigginshaw has put her in doubt for the Women's State of Origin clash against New South Wales.
- Sat, Jun 01, 2019After giving up a 33-point lead to lose last week Adelaide have turned the tables coming from 31 points down to defeat Melbourne in Darwin.