WHAT HAPPENED IN ROUND 2 OF THE NRL:
* QUOTE OF THE ROUND: "They are leaving their families behind to keep this great game of ours running so we have nothing but respect for those boys ... I am sure the whole country appreciates what they are doing." Canberra captain Jarrod Croker after the Raiders paid a special tribute to the Warriors for staying and playing in Australia.
* STAT THAT MATTERS: The Sydney Roosters are the first defending premiers to lose their opening two games in 11 years, while last year's runners-up Canberra have won their first two for just the second time since 2006.
* MAGIC MOMENT: Daly Cherry-Evans made it a happy 21st field goal as he booted Manly to a 9-8 victory over the Roosters at Leichhardt Oval. He has the most one-pointers of any current player.
* TALKING POINT: Can the NRL continue on into round three? While the league managed to get through round two without crowds, government crackdowns are making the task harder and harder.
* MAN OF THE ROUND: Kotoni Staggs. The Brisbane juggernaut's hat-trick of tries proved the difference in a 22-18 win over South Sydney, impressing in the centres before helping to fill in at halfback after Brodie Croft's early departure with a shoulder injury.
* JUDICIARY WATCH: Raiders - Sia Soilola (high tackle); Tigers - Luciano Leilua (dangerous contact).
* CASUALTY WARD: Broncos - Brodie Croft (shoulder), Corey Oates (ribs); Warriors - Lachlan Burr (concussion); Sharks - Wade Graham (foot), Briton Nikora (knee); Knights - Mitchell Barnett (shoulder); Tigers - Thomas Mikaele (knee); Titans - Kevin Proctor (hamstring), Dale Copley (ribs).
* UNDER PRESSURE: With the heat on Paul McGregor before the start of the season, he needs a win at St George Illawarra. They've lost their opening two games for the second-straight year.