WHAT HAPPENED IN ROUND 13 OF THE NRL:
* QUOTE OF THE ROUND: "What he did yesterday is one of the most disappointing things I have seen while chairman" - Peter V'landys didn't miss, labelling Penrith coach Ivan Cleary's comments that Canberra were being managed back into a match as "deplorable".
* STAT THAT MATTERS: Gold Coast are the top-placed Queensland team in the second half of a season for the first time since 2013. The only problem? They're still only 13th.
* MAGIC MOMENT: Mitch Aubusson became just the seventh player to cross for a try in his 300th game, as one of the Sydney Roosters' favourites celebrated his milestone game in style.
* MAN OF THE ROUND: Kalyn Ponga was brilliant in Newcastle's 44-4 demolition job on Wests Tigers. He thrived with Blake Green at five-eighth, setting up two tries, scoring a double himself and breaking the line three times in the big win.
* TALKING POINT: Will the NRL's players and coaches learn to follow the biosecurity guidelines. Wayne Bennett, Paul Vaughan, Tevita Pangai Jr, Allan Langer and two other Broncos officials all breached the bubble this week.
* JUDICIARY WATCH: Canterbury - Lachlan Lewis (high tackle); Warriors - Jack Hetherington (high tackle); Sea Eagles - Lachlan Croker (dangerous contact); Roosters - Jake Friend (dangerous contact); Dragons - Jackson Ford (tripping).
* CASUALTY WARD: Sea Eagles - Martin Taupau (concussion), Addin Fonua-Blake (knee); Dragons - Tariq Sims (shoulder); Bulldogs - Jake Averillo (hip), Storm - Cameron Munster (knee); Tigers - Billy Walters (knee); Raiders - Siliva Havili (triceps)
* UNDER PRESSURE: Manly have gone from serious contenders to battling to reach the finals. They've now won just two of their past seven without Tom Trbojevic and while they have a number of injuries, they desperately need their fullback back.